Revenue-Constrained Combination of an Optimal Tariff and Duty Drawback
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hatta, Tatsuo, 2015. "Revenue-Constrained Combination of an Optimal Tariff and Duty Drawback," AGI Working Paper Series 2015-19, Asian Growth Research Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elena Ianchovichina, 2007.
"Are duty drawbacks on exports worth the hassle?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 881-913, August.
- Elena IANCHOVICHINA, "undated". "Duty Drawbacks, Competitiveness and Growth: Should China Reform its Duty Drawback System?," EcoMod2004 330600069, EcoMod.
- Ianchovichina, Elena, 2005. "Duty drawbacks, competitiveness, and growth - are duty drawbacks worth the hassle?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3498, The World Bank.
- Michalopoulos,Constantine, 1999. "Trade policy and market access issues for developing countries : implications for the Millennium Round," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2214, The World Bank.
- Mitra, Pradeep K., 1992. "Tariff design and reform in a revenue-constrained economy: Theory and an illustration from India," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 227-251, March.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1985. "The theory of excess burden and optimal taxation," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 61-127 Elsevier.
- Tatsuo Hatta & Yoshitomo Ogawa, 2007. "Optimal Tariffs under a Revenue Constraint," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 560-573, August.
- Dasgupta, Partha S & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1974. "Benefit-Cost Analysis and Trade Policies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-33, Jan.-Feb..
- Panagariya, Arvind, 1992. "Input tariffs, duty drawbacks, and tariff reforms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 131-147, February.
- Anne O. Krueger & Sarath Rajapatirana, 1999. "The World Bank Policies Towards Trade and Trade Policy Reform," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(6), pages 717-740, August.
- Olivier Cadot & Jaime de Melo & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2015.
"The Protectionist Bias of Duty Drawbacks: Evidence from Mercosur,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 15, pages 359-380
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cadot, Olivier & de Melo, Jaime & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2003. "The protectionist bias of duty drawbacks: evidence from Mercosur," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 161-182, January.
- Lopez, Ramon & Panagariya, Arvind, 1992. "On the Theory of Piecemeal Tariff Reform: The Case of Pure Imported Intermediate Inputs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 615-625, June.
- Keen, Michael & Ligthart, Jenny E., 2002.
"Coordinating tariff reduction and domestic tax reform,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 489-507, March.
- Michael Keen & Jenny E Ligthart, 1999. "Coordinating Tariff Reduction and Domestic Tax Reform," IMF Working Papers 99/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S.H. & Yu, Wusheng, 2006. "China's import duty drawback and VAT rebate policies: A general equilibrium analysis," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 432-448.
More about this item
Keywordsrevenue-constrained optimal tariff; duty drawback; export subsidy; uniformity;
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fec:journl:v:13:y:2018:i:1:p:52-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.