An Institutional Approach to Trade Unions’ Density. The Case of Legal Origin and Political Ideology
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cahuc, Pierre & Kramarz, Francis, 1997. "Voice and Loyalty as a Delegation of Authority: A Model and a Test on Matched Worker-Firm Panels," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 658-688, October.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-193.
- Palley, Thomas I. & LaJeunesse, Robert M., 2007.
"Social attitudes, labor law, and union organizing: Toward a new economics of union density,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 237-254, February.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2005. "Social Attitudes, Labor Law, and Union Organizing: Toward A New Economics of Union Density," Working Papers wp93, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:02:p:481-501_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Orley Ashenfelter & John H. Pencavel, 1969. "American Trade Union Growth: 1900–1960," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(3), pages 434-448.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Johnson, George E, 1969. "Bargaining Theory, Trade Unions, and Industrial Strike Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Toke Skovsgaard Aidt & Vania Sena, 2005. "Unions: Rent Creators or Extractors?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(1), pages 103-121, March.
- Card, David, 1996. "The Effect of Unions on the Structure of Wages: A Longitudinal Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 957-979, July.
- W. S. Siebert, 2005. "Labour Market Regulation: Some Comparative Lessons," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 3-10, September.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1994. "Working Under Different Rules," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number free94-1, January.
- David Blanchflower & Alex Bryson, 2002. "Changes over time in union relative wage effects in the UK and the US revisited," NBER Working Papers 9395, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaakko Pehkonen & Hannu Tanninen, 1997. "Institutions, Incentives and Trade Union Membership," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(3), pages 579-598, November.
More about this item
Keywordsnew institutional economics; institutions; political economy; trade unions; labor market; legal origin; parties’ ideologies;
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2017-02-12 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2017-02-12 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-POL-2017-02-12 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:war:wpaper:2017-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Bąba). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fesuwpl.html .