Union membership and the erosion of the Ghent system: Lessons from Finland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nickell, Stephen & Layard, Richard, 1999.
"Labor market institutions and economic performance,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 3029-3084
- Nickell, S. & Layard, R., 1997. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," Papers 23, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1998. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0407, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Daniele Checchi & Claudio Lucifora, 2002. "Unions and labour market institutions in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 361-408, October.
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1999.
"Wage bargaining, union membership, and the organization of unemployment insurance,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 397-415, September.
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1996. "Wage Bargaining, Union Membership, and the Organization of Unemployment Insurance," Working Paper Series 1996:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- David G. Blanchflower & Richard B. Freeman, 1993. "Did the Thatcher Reforms Change British Labour Performance?," NBER Working Papers 4384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alex Bryson & Rafael Gomez, 2005. "Why Have Workers Stopped Joining Unions? The Rise in Never-Membership in Britain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 67-92, March.
- Hagen Lesch, 2004. "Trade Union Density in International Comparison," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 5(4), pages 12-18, December.
- Hakola, Tuulia & Uusitalo, Roope, 2005. "Not so voluntary retirement decisions? Evidence from a pension reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(11-12), pages 2121-2136, December.
- Jaakko Pehkonen & Hannu Tanninen, 1997. "Institutions, Incentives and Trade Union Membership," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 11(3), pages 579-598, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roope Uusitalo & Juhana Vartiainen, 2009. "Finland: Firm Factors in Wages and Wage Changes," NBER Chapters,in: The Structure of Wages: An International Comparison, pages 149-178 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:47406 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Schmitt & Alexandra Mitukiewicz, 2012.
"Politics matter: changes in unionisation rates in rich countries, 1960–2010,"
Industrial Relations Journal,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 260-280, May.
- John Schmitt & Alexandra Mitukiewicz, 2011. "Politics Matter: Changes in Unionization Rates in Rich Countries, 1960-2010," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2011-24, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Markus Leibrecht & Silvia Rocha-Akis, 2014. "Social Partnership and Macroeconomic Performance," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 47406, August.
- Alho, Kari O. E., 2006. "Labour Market Institutions and the Effectiveness of Tax and Benefit Policies in Enchancing Employment: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Discussion Papers 1008, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
KeywordsGhent system; union membership; trade unions;
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0508008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .