Wage Bargaining, Union Membership, and the Organization of Unemployment Insurance
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1999. "Wage bargaining, union membership, and the organization of unemployment insurance," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 397-415, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kiander, Jaakko, 1993. "Endogenous unemployment insurance in a monopoly union model when job search matters," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 101-115, August.
- Farber, Henry S, 1978. "Individual Preferences and Union Wage Determination: The Case of the United Mine Workers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 923-942, October.
- Neumann, George & Pedersen, Peder J. & Westergard-Nielsen, Niels, 1991. "Long-run international trends in aggregate unionization," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 249-274, October.
- Naylor, Robin & Cripps, Martin, 1993.
"An economic theory of the open shop trade union,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1599-1620, December.
- Naylor, R. & Cripps, M., 1991. "An Economic Theory of the Open Shop Trade Union," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 372, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1989. "Unemployment insurance schemes for reducing the natural rate of unemployment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Booth, Alison L & Chatterji, Monojit, 1995.
"Union Membership and Wage Bargaining When Membership is Not Compulsory,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 345-360, March.
- A L Booth & M Chatterji, "undated". "Union Membership And Wage Bargaining When Membership Is Not Compulsory," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 048, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Booth, Alison L & Chatterji, Monojit, 1994. "Union Membership and Wage Bargaining When Membership is Not Compulsory," CEPR Discussion Papers 884, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lockwood, Ben & Manning, Alan, 1993. "Wage setting and the tax system theory and evidence for the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-29, August.
- Booth, Alison L & Chatterji, Monojit, 1993. "Reputation, Membership and Wages in Open Shop Trade Union," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Carruth, Alan A & Oswald, Andrew J, 1985.
"Miners' Wages in Post-war Britain: An Application of a Model of Trade Union Behaviour,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380), pages 1003-1020, December.
- Andrew J. Oswald & Alan A. Carruth, 1984. "Miners' Wages in Post-War Britain: An Application of a Model of Trade Union Behavior," Working Papers 558, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:02:p:481-501_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1988. " Unemployment Insurance and Union Wage Setting," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(2), pages 161-172.
- Calmfors, L. & Forslund, A., 1989. "Wage Setting In Sweden," Papers 430, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcus Dittrich, 2010. "Welfare Effects of Local versus Central Wage Bargaining," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(1), pages 26-34, March.
- Helge Sanner, 2003.
"Self-financing Unemployment Insurance and Bargaining Structure,"
CEIS, vol. 17(2), pages 229-246, June.
- Helge Sanner, 2001. "Bargaining Structure and Regional Unemployment Insurance," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 44, Universität Potsdam, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät, revised May 2002.
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2007.
"Trade Union Membership and Works Councils in West Germany,"
Industrielle Beziehungen - Zeitschrift fuer Arbeit, Organisation und Management - The German Journal of Industrial Relations,
Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 14(2), pages 154-175.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2007. "Trade Union Membership and Works Councils in West Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 2635, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2007. "Trade union membership and work councils in West Germany," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 311, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Halko, Marja-Liisa, 2003.
"Buffer funding of unemployment insurance in a dynamic labour union model,"
Research Discussion Papers
24/2003, Bank of Finland.
- Marja-Liisa Halko, 2004. "Buffer funding of unemployment insurance in a dynamic labour union model," Macroeconomics 0404030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goerke, Laszlo, 1998. "Bismarck versus Beveridge: Flat- and earnings-related unemployment insurance in an efficiency wage framework," Discussion Papers, Series I 291, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Sinko, Pekka, 2003. "Subsidizing vs. Experience Rating of Unemployment Insurance in Unionized Labor Markets," Discussion Papers 319, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Daniele Checchi, 2000. "Time series evidence on union densities in European countries," Departmental Working Papers 2000-10, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Daniele Checchi & Claudio Lucifora, 2002. "Unions and labour market institutions in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 361-408, October.
- Schnabel, Claus, 2012.
"Union membership and density: Some (not so) stylized facts and challenges,"
81, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Schnabel, Claus, 2012. "Union Membership and Density: Some (Not So) Stylized Facts and Challenges," IZA Discussion Papers 6792, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goerke, Laszlo & Madsen, Jakob B., 2003. "Earnings-Related Unemployment Benefits in a Unionised Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 701, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2004.
"Norm-Based Trade Union Membership: Evidence for Germany,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(4), pages 481-504, November.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2003. "Norm-Based Trade Union Membership: Evidence for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 962, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Petri Böckerman & Roope Uusitalo, 2005. "Union membership and the erosion of the Ghent system: Lessons from Finland," Labor and Demography 0508008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dittrich, Marcus, 2006. "Welfare Effects of Union Bargaining Centralisation in a Two-Sector Economy," MPRA Paper 11, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2006.
- repec:ora:journl:v:1:y:2016:i:1:p:340-350 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alho, Kari O. E., 2006. "Labour Market Institutions and the Effectiveness of Tax and Benefit Policies in Enchancing Employment: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Discussion Papers 1008, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Schnabel, Claus, 2002. "Determinants of trade union membership," Discussion Papers 15, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Juin-jen & Chang, Wen-ya, 2001. "Currency devaluation in an open-shop union," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 61-74.
- Erling Barth & Karl O. Moene, 2009. "The Equality Multiplier," NBER Working Papers 15076, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Madsen, Jakob B., 2003. "Earnings-related unemployment benefits and unemployment," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 41-62, March.
More about this item
Keywordswage bargaining; union membership; unemployment insurance;
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:1996_017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nekuuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.