Social Attitudes, Labor Law, and Union Organizing: Toward A New Economics of Union Density
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Palley, Thomas I. & LaJeunesse, Robert M., 2007. "Social attitudes, labor law, and union organizing: Toward a new economics of union density," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 237-254, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard B. Freeman & James L. Medoff, 1979. "The Two Faces of Unionism," NBER Working Papers 0364, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman & Morris M. Kleiner, 1990.
"Employer Behavior in the Face of Union Organizing Drives,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(4), pages 351-365, July.
- Richard B. Freeman & Morris M. Kleiner, 1988. "Employer Behavior in the Face of Union Organizing Drives," NBER Working Papers 2805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ian M. McDonald & Robert M. Solow, 1985. "Wages and Employment in a Segmented Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1115-1141.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1998.
"Spurts in Union Growth: Defining Moments and Social Processes,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Defining Moment: The Great Depression and the American Economy in the Twentieth Century, pages 265-296
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1997. "Spurts in Union Growth: Defining Moments and Social Processes," NBER Working Papers 6012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- William R. Cline, 1997. "Trade and Income Distribution," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 58.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1984. "Involuntary Unemployment as a Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1351-1364, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacek Lewkowicz & Anna Lewczuk, 2017. "An Institutional Approach to Trade Unions’ Density. The Case of Legal Origin and Political Ideology," Working Papers 2017-06, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-REG-2005-11-05 (Regulation)
- NEP-SOC-2005-11-05 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uma:periwp:wp93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/permaus.html .