Missing Water: Agricultural Stress and Adaptation Strategies in Response to Groundwater Depletion in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Varghese, Shalet Korattukudy & Veettil, Prakashan Chellattan & Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2013. "Estimating the causal effect of water scarcity on the groundwater use efficiency of rice farming in South India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 55-64.
- Sheetal Sekhri, 2014. "Wells, Water, and Welfare: The Impact of Access to Groundwater on Rural Poverty and Conflict," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 76-102, July.
- Richard Hornbeck & Pinar Keskin, 2011. "The Evolving Impact of the Ogallala Aquifer: Agricultural Adaptation to Groundwater and Climate," NBER Working Papers 17625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2010.
"On the spatial nature of the groundwater pumping externality,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 154-164, April.
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2006. "On the spatial nature of the groundwater pumping externality," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21035, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sheetal Sekhri, 2011.
"Public Provision and Protection of Natural Resources: Groundwater Irrigation in Rural India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 29-55, October.
- Sheetal Sekhri, 2008. "Public Provision and Protection of Natural Resources: Groundwater Irrigation in Rural India," Virginia Economics Online Papers 376, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheetal Sekhri & Paul Landefeld, 2013. "Agricultural Trade, Institutions, and Depletion of Natural Resources," Virginia Economics Online Papers 405, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Zaveri, Esha & Wrenn, Douglas H. & Fisher-Vanden, Karen, 2016. "Water in the Balance: The Impact of Water Infrastructure on Agricultural Adaptation to Rainfall Shocks in India," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236216, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gautam, Madhur, 2015. "Agricultural Subsidies: Resurging Interest in a Perennial Debate," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 70(1).
More about this item
KeywordsGroundwater Depletion; Agricultural Production; India;
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-10-05 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2013-10-05 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vir:virpap:406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Debby Stanford). General contact details of provider: http://www.virginia.edu/economics/home.html .