Upgrading of Symbolic and Synthetic Knowledge Bases: Analysis of the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry and the Automotive Industry in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Li, Yong & Oberheitmann, Andreas, 2009. "Challenges of rapid economic growth in China: Reconciling sustainable energy use, environmental stewardship and social development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1412-1422, April.
- Jerker Moodysson & Lars Coenen & BjÃ¸rn Asheim, 2008.
"Explaining Spatial Patterns of Innovation: Analytical and Synthetic Modes of Knowledge Creation in the Medicon Valley Life-Science Cluster,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 40(5), pages 1040-1056, May.
- Jerker Moodysson & Lars Coenen & Bjørn Asheim, 2008. "Explaining spatial patterns of innovation: analytical and synthetic modes of knowledge creation in the Medicon Valley life-science cluster," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(5), pages 1040-1056, May.
- Cristina Chaminade, 2011.
"Are Knowledge Bases Enough? A Comparative Study of the Geography of Knowledge Sources in China (Great Beijing) and India (Pune),"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(7), pages 1357-1373, July.
- Chaminade, Cristina, 2010. "Are knowledge-bases enough? A comparative study of the geography of knowledge sources in China (Great Beijing) and India (Pune)," Papers in Innovation Studies 2010/13, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2004.
"Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 351-370, August.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2003. "Buzz: Face-to-Face Contact and the Urban Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0598, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Storper, Michael & Venables, Anthony J., 2003. "Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20008, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005.
"Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters," Working Papers 72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael & Messner, Dirk, 2008. "Introduction: The Impact of Asian Drivers on the Developing World," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 197-209, February.
- Robert C. Kloosterman, 2008. "Walls and bridges: knowledge spillover between 'superdutch' architectural firms," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 545-563, July.
- Raphael Kaplinsky & Jeff Readman, 2005. "Globalization and upgrading: what can (and cannot) be learnt from international trade statistics in the wood furniture sector?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 679-703, August.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
More about this item
KeywordsUrban development; upgrading; automotive industry; AEC industry; knowledge economy; China.;
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-01-25 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-IND-2012-01-25 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-KNM-2012-01-25 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-PPM-2012-01-25 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TRA-2012-01-25 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ven:wpaper:2011_25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Ludbrook). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsvenit.html .