The effectiveness of regional policies for innovation: an empirical investigation
This paper provides the outcomes following an evaluation analysis of a public intervention aimed to support innovation within small and medium firms (azione 3.2 under Council Regulation EEC 2081/93, Docup Ob. 2 1997-1999). We gathered the data through an ad hoc survey of firms which applied for granting, whether successfully or not. We carried on an impact evaluation of the intervention on the basis of specific indicators pertaining both to performance and to innovation capability. According to our outcomes, the intervention had a (quite limited) effect on the economic performance of beneficiary firms, though without having any particular impact both on occupation and on long-term innovation capability.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza S.Francesco,7 - 53100 Siena|
Web page: http://www.deps.unisi.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Todd M. Gabe & David S. Kraybill, 2002. "The Effect of State Economic Development Incentives on Employment Growth of Establishments," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 703-730.
- Richard Harris & Mary Trainor, 2005. "Capital Subsidies and their Impact on Total Factor Productivity: Firm-Level Evidence from Northern Ireland," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 49-74.
- Cannari Luigi & D'Aurizio Leandro & de Blasio Guido, 2007.
"The Effectiveness of Investment Subsidies: Evidence from Survey Data,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 329-346.
- Luigi Cannari & Leandro D'Aurizio & Guido de Blasio, 2006. "The effectiveness of investment subsidies: evidence from survey data," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 4, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bronzini, Raffaello & de Blasio, Guido, 2006. "Evaluating the impact of investment incentives: The case of Italy's Law 488/1992," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 327-349, September.
- Brown, Marilyn A. & Curlee, T. Randall & Elliott, Steven R., 1995. "Evaluating technology innovation programs: the use of comparison groups to identify impacts," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 669-684, September.
- Lee, Jong-Wha, 1996. "Government Interventions and Productivity Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 391-414, September.
- Rettore Enrico & Trivellato Ugo & Martini Alberto, 2003. "La valutazione delle politiche del lavoro in presenza di selezione: migliorare la teoria, i metodi o i dati?," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 301-342.
- Faini, Riccardo & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1987. "Incentives and Investment Decisions: The Effectiveness of Regional Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(3), pages 516-533, September.
- Roberto Gabriele & Marco Zamarian & Enrico Zaninotto, 2006. "Assessing the economic impact of public industrial policies: an empirical investigation on subsidies," ROCK Working Papers 039, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 12 Jun 2008.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.