Heuristics and Biases in Travel Mode Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Vredin Johansson, Maria & Heldt, Tobias & Johansson, Per, 2006. "The effects of attitudes and personality traits on mode choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 507-525, July.
- Puckett, Sean M. & Hensher, David A., 2009. "Revealing the extent of process heterogeneity in choice analysis: An empirical assessment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 117-126, February.
- Mohamed Abdel-Aty & M. Abdalla, 2004. "Modeling drivers' diversion from normal routes under ATIS using generalized estimating equations and binomial probit link function," Transportation, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 327-348, August.
- de Jong, Gerard & Daly, Andrew & Pieters, Marits & Vellay, Carine & Bradley, Mark & Hofman, Frank, 2003. "A model for time of day and mode choice using error components logit," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 245-268, May.
- Tertoolen, Gerard & van Kreveld, Dik & Verstraten, Ben, 1998. "Psychological resistance against attempts to reduce private car use," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 171-181, April.
- Chris Starmer, 2000. "Developments in Non-expected Utility Theory: The Hunt for a Descriptive Theory of Choice under Risk," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 332-382, June.
- Pitu Mirchandani & Hossein Soroush, 1987. "Generalized Traffic Equilibrium with Probabilistic Travel Times and Perceptions," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 133-152, August.
- Cascetta, Ennio, 1989. "A stochastic process approach to the analysis of temporal dynamics in transportation networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Erel Avineri & Joseph Prashker, 2006. "The Impact of Travel Time Information on Travelers’ Learning under Uncertainty," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 393-408, July.
- Eran Ben-Elia & Ido Erev & Yoram Shiftan, 2008. "The combined effect of information and experience on drivers’ route-choice behavior," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 165-177, March.
- Joachim Scheiner & Christian Holz-Rau, 2007. "Travel mode choice: affected by objective or subjective determinants?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 487-511, July.
- Sebastian Bamberg & Daniel Rölle & Christoph Weber, 2003. "Does habitual car use not lead to more resistance to change of travel mode?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 97-108, February.
- Yaakov Kareev & Sharon Arnon & Reut Horwitz-Zeliger, 2002. "On the Misperception of Variability," Discussion Paper Series dp285, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Jong, Gerard, 2012. "Application of experimental economics in transport and logistics," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 50, pages 1-3.
More about this item
Keywordstravel mode choice; learning; information; heuristics; cognitive biases.;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2009-12-19 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2009-12-19 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-12-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:labsit:027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessandro Innocenti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpsieit.html .