Experimental Evidence on the Benefits of Eliminating Exchange Rate Uncertainties and Why Expected Utility Theory causes Economists to Miss Them
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Friedman, Daniel, 2009.
"Speculative attacks: A laboratory study in continuous time,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1064-1082, October.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Daniel Friedman, 2008. "Speculative Attacks: A Laboratory Study in Continuous Time," CESifo Working Paper Series 2420, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Daniel Friedman, 2009. "Speculative Attacks: A Laboratory Study in Continuous Time," Working Papers 072009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2001.
"International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model,"
NBER Working Papers
8369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 2001. "International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C01-121, University of California at Berkeley.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 2001. "International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt6796n8s0, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2003. "International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model," International Finance 0303006, EconWPA.
- Eric Fisher, 2004. "Exploring Elements of Exchange Rate Theory in a Controlled Enivronment," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000199, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Andrew K. Rose, 1999.
"One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
7432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rose, Andrew K, 1999. "One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 2329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rose, Andrew, 1999. "One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade," Seminar Papers 678, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Charles N. Noussair & Charles R. Plott & Raymond G. Riezman, 2013.
"The Principles of Exchange Rate Determination in an International Finance Experiment,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade Agreements and Political Economy, chapter 18, pages 329-368
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Noussair, C. & Plott, C.R. & Riezman, R., 1994. "The Principales of Exchange Rate Determination in an international Finance Experiment," Papers 94-021, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
- Noussair, Charles N. & Plott, Charles R. & Riezman, Raymond. G., 1995. "The Principles of Exchange Rate Determination in an International Finance Experiment," Working Papers 908, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Malin Adolfson, 1997.
"Exchange rate pass-through to Swedish import prices,"
Finnish Economic Papers,
Finnish Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 81-98, Autumn.
- Adolfson, Malin, 1996. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Swedish Import Prices," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 123, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Dr Peter Kenen, 2002. "Currency Unions and Trade: Variations on Themes by Rose and Persson," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2002/08, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Fisher, Eric O'N, 2001.
"Purchasing Power Parity and Interest Parity in the Laboratory,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 586-602, December.
- Eric O'N. Fisher, 2001. "Purchasing Power Parity and Interest Parity in the Laboratory," Working Papers 01-07, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Selten, Reinhard, 1998.
"Features of experimentally observed bounded rationality,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 413-436, May.
- Selten, Reinhard, "undated". "Features of Experimentally Observed Bounded Rationality," Discussion Paper Serie B 421, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Nov 1997.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Zhou, Jizhong, 2004. "The Choice of Exchange Rate Regime in Developing Countries: A Multinational Panel Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 4227, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas J. Courchene, 1999. "Alternative North American Currency Arrangements: A Research Agenda," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(3), pages 308-314, September.
- Peter B. Kenen, 2001. "International Financial Architecture: What's New? What's Missing?, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 335.
- Selten, Reinhard, 1996. "Aspiration Adaptation Theory," Discussion Paper Serie B 389, University of Bonn, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kimakova, Alena, 2008. "The political economy of exchange rate regime determination: Theory and evidence," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 354-371, December.
- Robin Pope & Reinhard Selten & Johannes Kaiser & Sebastian Kube & Jürgen Hagen, 2012. "Exchange rate determination: a theory of the decisive role of central bank cooperation and conflict," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 13-51, March.
- Robin Pope, 2009. "Beggar-Thy-Neighbour Exchange Rate Regime Misadvice from Misapplications of Mundell (1961 ) and the Remedy," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 326-350, February.
More about this item
- C90 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-01-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CBE-2007-01-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2007-01-13 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2007-01-13 (International Finance)
- NEP-UPT-2007-01-13 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:labsit:010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessandro Innocenti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpsieit.html .