By How Much Does Conflict Reduce Financial Development?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Domac, Ilker & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2003.
"Banking crises and exchange rate regimes: is there a link?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 41-72, October.
- Domac, Ilker & Martinez-Peria, Maria Soledad, 2000. "Banking crises and exchange rate regimes - Is there a link?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2489, The World Bank.
- Widmalm, Frida, 2001. "Tax Structure and Growth: Are Some Taxes Better Than Others?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(3-4), pages 199-219, June.
- Chowdhury, Abdur R., 2001. "The Impact of Financial Reform on Private Savings in Bangladesh," WIDER Working Paper Series 078, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Addison, Tony & Geda, Alemayehu & Le Billon, Philippe & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2001. "Financial Reconstruction in Conflict and 'Post-Conflict' Economies," WIDER Working Paper Series 090, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés-Serra & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," Research Department Publications 4170, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cooley, Thomas F & LeRoy, Stephen F, 1981. "Identification and Estimation of Money Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 825-844, December.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999. "Exchange rates and financial fragility," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 329-368.
- Kormendi, Roger C. & Meguire, Philip G., 1985. "Macroeconomic determinants of growth: Cross-country evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 141-163, September.
- International Monetary Fund, 2001. "Fiscal Decentralization and Governance; A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Working Papers 01/71, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tony Addison & Alemayehu Geda & Philippe Le Billon & S Mansoob Murshed, 2005. "Reconstructing and Reforming the Financial System in Conflict and 'Post-Conflict' Economies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 703-718.
- Serhan Cevik & Mohammad Rahmati, 2015.
"Breaking the Curse of Sisyphus: An Empirical Analysis of Post-Conflict Economic Transitions,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 57(4), pages 569-597, December.
- Serhan Cevik & Mohammad Rahmati, 2013. "Breaking the Curse of Sisyphus; An Empirical Analysis of Post-Conflict Economic Transitions," IMF Working Papers 13/2, International Monetary Fund.
- Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Shamit Chakravarti & Rina Bhattacharya, 2002. "Fiscal Consequences of Armed Conflict and Terrorism in Low- and Middle-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 02/142, International Monetary Fund.
- Gupta, Sanjeev, 2008. "Enhancing Effective Utilization of Aid in Fragile States," WIDER Working Paper Series 007, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Randa Sab, 2014. "Economic Impact of Selected Conflicts in the Middle East; What Can We Learn from the Past?," IMF Working Papers 14/100, International Monetary Fund.
- Marc G Quintyn & Genevieve Verdier, 2010. "Mother, Can I Trust the Government? Sustained Financial Deepening; A Political Institutionsview," IMF Working Papers 10/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Selami Sezgin & Sennur Sezgin, 2011. "Economics of Conflict: Turkey’s Experience," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Conflict, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Clements, Benedict & Bhattacharya, Rina & Chakravarti, Shamit, 2004. "Fiscal consequences of armed conflict and terrorism in low- and middle-income countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 403-421, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial development; conflict; financial regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2002-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .