Road Accidents and Traffic Flows: An Econometric Investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Newbery, David M, 1987. "Road User Charges in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(390), pages 161-176, Supplemen.
- Peirson, John & Skinner, Ian & Vickerman, Roger, 1998.
"The Microeconomic Analysis of the External Costs of Road Accidents,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(259), pages 429-440, August.
- John Peirson & Ian Skinner & Roger Vickerman, 1996. "The Microeconomic Analysis of the External Costs of Road Accidents," Studies in Economics 9606, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Jones-Lee, M W, 1990. "The Value of Transport Safety," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 39-60, Summer.
- Jong-Il Kim & Lawrence J. Lau, 1996. "The sources of Asian Pacific economic growth," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 448-454, April.
- Daniel Shefer & Piet Rietveld, 1997. "Congestion and Safety on Highways: Towards an Analytical Model," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 34(4), pages 679-692, April.
- Jones-Lee, M W & Hammerton, M & Philips, P R, 1985. "The Value of Safety: Results of a National Sample Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 49-72, March.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-260, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonsson, Lina & Björklund, Gunilla & Isacsson, Gunnar, 2019. "Marginal costs for railway level crossings in Sweden," Working papers in Transport Economics 2019:1, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Hyman, Geoffrey & Mayhew, Les, 2002. "Optimizing the benefits of urban road user charging," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 189-207, July.
- Gregory DeAngelo & Benjamin Hansen, 2014. "Life and Death in the Fast Lane: Police Enforcement and Traffic Fatalities," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 231-257, May.
- Golob, Thomas F. & Recker, Wilfred W., 2001. "Relationships Among Urban Freeway Accidents, Traffic Flow, Weather and Lighting Conditions," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt2fh4x5hp, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Lindsey, Robin, 2013. "Trip-timing decisions with traffic incidents," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 764-782.
- Imran Ashraf & Soojung Hur & Muhammad Shafiq & Yongwan Park, 2019. "Catastrophic factors involved in road accidents: Underlying causes and descriptive analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(10), pages 1-29, October.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:18:y:2004:i:3:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Proost, Stef & Van Dender, Kurt, 2001. "The welfare impacts of alternative policies to address atmospheric pollution in urban road transport," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 383-411, July.
- Schrage, Andrea, 2006. "Traffic Congestion and Accidents," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 419, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Albalate & Xavier Fageda, 2019. "Congestion, Road Safety, and the Effectiveness of Public Policies in Urban Areas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-21, September.
- Golob, Thomas F. & Recker, Wilfred W. & Alvarez, Veronica, 2002. "Freeway Safety as a Function of Traffic Flow: The FITS Tool for Evaluating ATMS Operations," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt1tc5r61j, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Pål Andreas Pedersen, 2001. "A Game Theoretical Approach to Road Safety," Studies in Economics 0105, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Ilias-Nikiforos Pasidis, 2015. "Congestion by accident? Traffic and accidents in England," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1321, European Regional Science Association.
- Noland, Robert B. & Quddus, Mohammed A., 2005.
"Congestion and safety: A spatial analysis of London,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(7-9), pages 737-754.
- Robert B. Noland & Mohammed A. Quddus, 2003. "Congestion and Safety: A Spatial Analysis of London," ERSA conference papers ersa03p66, European Regional Science Association.
- Daniel Albalate, 2013. "The Road against Fatalities: Infrastructure Spending vs. Regulation?," ERSA conference papers ersa13p221, European Regional Science Association.
- Pasidis, Ilias, 2019. "Congestion by accident? A two-way relationship for highways in England," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 301-314.
- Lei Zhang & David Levinson, 2005. "Investing for Reliability and Security in Transportation Networks," Working Papers 200807, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Jonsson, Lina & Björklund, Gunilla & Isacsson, Gunnar, 2019. "Marginal costs for railway level crossing accidents in Sweden," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 68-79.
- Golob, Thomas F. & Recker, Wilfred W. & Alvarez, Veronica M., 2003. "A Tool to Evaluate the Safety Effects of Changes in Freeway Traffic Flow," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt1kn30323, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Tito Moreira & Adolfo Sachsida & Loureiro Paulo, 2004. "Traffic accidents: an econometric investigation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 18(3), pages 1-7.
- Bian, Yiyang & Yang, Chen & Zhao, J. Leon & Liang, Liang, 2018. "Good drivers pay less: A study of usage-based vehicle insurance models," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 20-34.
- Piera Bello, 2020. "The environmental cost and the accident externality of driving: Evidence from the Swiss francâ€™s appreciation," IdEP Economic Papers 2001, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
More about this item
KeywordsRoad Traffic Accidents; Traffic Flows; Accident Externalities;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:9809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: https://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.