Monétarisation des externalités de transport : un état de l'art
In this paper we suggest a literature review on valuation of transport externalities during the last ten years. In the first part, we will tackle again with the concept of externalities as well as the approaches which have been used in the economic literature so that to study them. In the second part, we will assess the studies on monetary evaluation of external costs (congestion, atmospheric pollution, noise and accidents) at the international level. Then, we will have a critique on the results that were published by various writers.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 33, boulevard du port - 95011 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex|
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Arnott & Andre de Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1985.
"Economics of a Bottleneck,"
636, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-60, May.
- Krupnick, Alan & Cropper, Maureen & Alberini, Anna & Simon, Nathalie & Itaoka, Kenshi & Akai, Makoto, 1999. "Mortality Risk Valuation for Environmental Policy," Discussion Papers dp-99-47, Resources For the Future.
- R. Arnott & A. de Palma & R. Lindsey, 1997.
"Information and time-of-usage decisions in the bottleneck model with stochastic capacity and demand,"
THEMA Working Papers
97-13, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1999. "Information and time-of-usage decisions in the bottleneck model with stochastic capacity and demand," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 525-548, March.
- Richard Arnott & Andre de Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1996. "Information and Time-of-Usage Decisions in the Bottleneck Model with Stochastic Capacity and Demand," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 355., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & O'Conor, Richard M., 1996.
"The Value of Private Safety versus the Value of Public Safety,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
103, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & O'Conor, Richard M, 1996. "The Value of Private Safety versus the Value of Public Safety," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 263-75, November.
- Richard Arnott & Andre de Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1993. "The Welfare Effects Of Congestion Tolls With Heterogeneous Commuters," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 231, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Krupnick, Alan & Austin, David & Stoessell, Terrell, 1998. "The Benefits of Air Pollutant Emissions Reductions in Maryland: Results from the Maryland Externalities Screening and Valuation Model," Discussion Papers dp-99-05, Resources For the Future.
- Lanoie, Paul & Pedro, Carmen & Latour, Robert, 1995. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Comparison of Two Approaches," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 235-57, May.
- N. Künzli & R. Kaiser & S. Medina & M. Studnicka & O. Chanel & P. Filliger & M. Herry & F. Horak & V. Puybonnieux-Texier & Philippe Quénel & Jodi Schneider & R. Seethaler & J.C Vergnaud & H. Sommer, 2000. "Public health Impact of Outdoor and Traffic related Air Pollution," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00150955, HAL.
- Pearce, David, 1996. "Economic valuation and health damage from air pollution in the developing world," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 627-630, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:2007-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefania Marcassa)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.