Mortality Risk Valuation for Environmental Policy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Michael J & Viscusi, W Kip, 1988. "The Quantity-Adjusted Value of Life," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(3), pages 369-388, July.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Aydede, Sema K & Portney, Paul R, 1994. "Preferences for Life Saving Programs: How the Public Discounts Time and Age," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 243-265, May.
- Jones-Lee, M W & Hammerton, M & Philips, P R, 1985. "The Value of Safety: Results of a National Sample Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 49-72, March.
- Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov, 1996. "To Be, or Not to Be, That Is the Question: An Empirical Study of the WTP for an Increased Life Expectancy at an Advanced Age," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 163-174, September.
- Cropper, Maureen L. & G. Sussman, Frances, 1990. "Valuing future risks to life," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 160-174, September.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1985.
"Expectations, Life Expectancy, and Economic Behavior,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 100(2), pages 389-408.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1982. "Expectations, Life Expectancy, and Economic Behavior," NBER Working Papers 0835, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maureen Cropper, 1999. "Valuing Environmental Benefits," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1409.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Sussman, Frances G, 1988. "Families and the Economics of Risks to Life," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 255-260, March.
- Smith, V Kerry & Desvousges, William H, 1987. "An Empirical Analysis of the Economic Value of Risk Changes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 89-114, February.
- Jones-Lee, M W, 1991. "Altruism and the Value of Other People's Safety," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 213-219, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ami, Dominique & Aprahamian, Frédéric & Chanel, Olivier & Joulé, Robert-Vincent & Luchini, Stéphane, 2014.
"Willingness to pay of committed citizens: A field experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 31-39.
- Dominique Ami & Olivier Chanel & Frédéric Aprahamian & Robert-Vincent Joule & Stephane Luchini, 2008. "Willingness to Pay of Committed Citizens: A Field Experiment," Working Papers halshs-00289451, HAL.
- Dominique Ami & Frédéric Aprahamian & Olivier Chanel & Robert-Vincent Joule & Stéphane Luchini, 2014. "Willingness to pay of committed citizens: A field experiment," Post-Print hal-01474425, HAL.
- Olivier Chanel & Pascale Scapecchi & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2006.
"How to correctly assess mortality benefits in public policies,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 759-776.
- Olivier Chanel & Pascale Scapecchi & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2006. "How to correctly assess mortality benefits in public policies," Post-Print halshs-00150092, HAL.
- Olivier Chanel & Pascale Scapecchi & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2006. "How to correctly assess mortality benefits in public policies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00150092, HAL.
- Dominika Parry Dziegielewska & Robert Mendelsohn, 2005. "Valuing Air Quality in Poland," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(2), pages 131-163, February.
- Torres, Cati & Faccioli, Michela & Riera Font, Antoni, 2017.
"Waiting or acting now? The effect on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments,"
Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 231-240.
- Cati Torres & Michela Faccioli & Antoni Riera, 2015. "Waiting or acting now? The effects on willingness-to-pay of delivering inherent uncertainty information in choice experiments," DEA Working Papers 74, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- André de Palma & Néjia Zaouali, 2007. "Monétarisation des externalités de transport : un état de l'art," THEMA Working Papers 2007-08, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Henrik Hammar & Olof Johansson-Stenman, 2004.
"The value of risk-free cigarettes - do smokers underestimate the risk?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 59-71.
- Hammar, Henrik & Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2001. "The Value Of Risk - Free Cigarettes - Do Smokers Underestimate The Risk?," Working Papers in Economics 61, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Thijs Dekker & Roy Brouwer & Marjan Hofkes & Klaus Moeltner, 2011. "The Effect of Risk Context on the Value of a Statistical Life: a Bayesian Meta-model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(4), pages 597-624, August.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-99-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.