Expectations, Life Expectancy, and Economic Behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1985. "Expectations, Life Expectancy, and Economic Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(2), pages 389-408.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur, W B, 1981. "The Economics of Risks to Life," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 54-64, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1997. "Social Security: It ain't Broken: Panel Discussion," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue jun, pages 297-303.
- Davies, James B, 1981. "Uncertain Lifetime, Consumption, and Dissaving in Retirement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 561-577, June.
- Feldstein, Martin & Liebman, Jeffrey B., 2002. "Social security," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 32, pages 2245-2324, Elsevier.
- Levhari, David & Mirman, Leonard J, 1977. "Savings and Consumption with an Uncertain Horizon," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 265-281, April.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Spivak, Avia & Summers, Lawrence H, 1982.
"The Adequacy of Savings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1056-1069, December.
- Lawrence Kotlikoff & Avia Spivak & Lawrence H. Summers, 1980. "The Adequacy of Savings," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 569, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1981. "The Adequacy of Savings," NBER Working Papers 0627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1982.
"Social Insurance and Consumption: An Empirical Inquiry,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 101-113, March.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1980. "Social Insurance and Consumption: An Empirical Inquiry," NBER Working Papers 0600, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky & Michael L. Wachter, 1971. "A test of the \\"expectations hypothesis\\" using directly observed wage and price expectations," Staff Studies 63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jonung, Lars, 1981. "Perceived and Expected Rates of Inflation in Sweden," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 961-968, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0835. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.