Assessing incentives and risks in training decisions. A methodological note applied to the Uruguayan case
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo|
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/subcategoria.php?SubCatId=48&CatId=53
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yochanan Comay & Arie Melnik & Moshe A. Pollatschek, 1976. "Dropout Risks, Option Values, and Returns to Investment in Schooling," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 9(1), pages 45-56, February.
- Trostel, Philip A, 2002. "Should Education Be Publicly Provided?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 373-91, October.
- Kenneth Beauchemin, 1999.
"Growth or Stagnation? The Role of Public Education,"
99-06, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Beauchemin, Kenneth R., 2001. "Growth or stagnation? The role of public education," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 389-416, April.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2007.
"A Stock-Flow Matching Approach to Evaluation of Public Training Programme in a High Unemployment Environment,"
CEIS, vol. 21(3), pages 503-540, 09.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2004. "A stock-flow matching approach to evaluation of public training program in a high unemployment environment," Documents de recherche 04-14, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2005. "A stock-flow matching approach to evaluation of public training program in a high unemployment environment," Labor and Demography 0506007, EconWPA.
- David H. Greenberg & Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins, 2003.
"A Meta-Analysis of Government-Sponsored Training Programs,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(1), pages 31-53, October.
- David H. Greenberg & Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins, 2003. "A meta-analysis of government-sponsored training programs," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(1), pages 31-53, October.
- Pascal Courty & Gerald Marschke, 2003.
"Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
03/083, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Gerald Marschke & Pascal Courty, 2004. "Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program," Discussion Papers 04-03, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Zvi Eckstein & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1999. "Why Youths Drop Out of High School: The Impact of Preferences, Opportunities, and Abilities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1295-1340, November.
- Philip Oreopoulos, 2003. "Do Dropouts Drop Out Too Soon? International Evidence From Changes in School-Leaving Laws," NBER Working Papers 10155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 9.
- W Thomas & D J Webber & F Walton, 2002. "School Leaving Intentions at the Age of Sixteen: Evidence from a Multicultural City Environment," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 7(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Gary S. Becker & Casey B. Mulligan, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-758.
- David H. Greenberg & Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins, 2004. "What Happens To The Effects Of Government-Funded Training Programs Over Time?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(1).
- Courty, Pascal & Marschke, Gerald, 1997. "Measuring Government Performance: Lessons from a Federal Job-Training Program," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 383-88, May.
- Yoram Ben-Porath, 1967. "The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 352.
- Philip Oreopoulos, 2003. "Do Dropouts Drop Out Too Soon? Evidence from Changes in School-Leaving Laws," Working Papers oreo-03-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:1511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio)or (Héctor Pastori)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.