Assessing incentives and risks in training decisions. A methodological note applied to the Uruguayan case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Oreopoulos, 2003. "Do Dropouts Drop Out Too Soon? International Evidence From Changes in School-Leaving Laws," NBER Working Papers 10155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2007.
"A Stock-Flow Matching Approach to Evaluation of Public Training Programme in a High Unemployment Environment,"
CEIS, vol. 21(3), pages 503-540, September.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2004. "A stock-flow matching approach to evaluation of public training program in a high unemployment environment," Documents de recherche 04-14, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Jekaterina Dmitrijeva & Mihails Hazans, 2005. "A stock-flow matching approach to evaluation of public training program in a high unemployment environment," Labor and Demography 0506007, EconWPA.
- Gary S. Becker & Casey B. Mulligan, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-758.
- Yochanan Comay & Arie Melnik & Moshe A. Pollatschek, 1976. "Dropout Risks, Option Values, and Returns to Investment in Schooling," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 9(1), pages 45-56, February.
- W Thomas & D J Webber & F Walton, 2002. "School Leaving Intentions at the Age of Sixteen: Evidence from a Multicultural City Environment," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 7(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Courty, Pascal & Marschke, Gerald, 1997. "Measuring Government Performance: Lessons from a Federal Job-Training Program," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 383-388, May.
- Pascal Courty & Gerald Marschke, 2003.
"Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
03/083, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Gerald Marschke & Pascal Courty, 2004. "Making Government Accountable: Lessons from a Federal Job Training Program," Discussion Papers 04-03, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Trostel, Philip A, 2002. "Should Education Be Publicly Provided?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 373-391, October.
- David H. Greenberg & Charles Michalopoulos & Philip K. Robins, 2004. "What Happens To The Effects Of Government-Funded Training Programs Over Time?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(1).
- Beauchemin, Kenneth R., 2001.
"Growth or stagnation? The role of public education,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 389-416, April.
- Kenneth Beauchemin, 1999. "Growth or Stagnation? The Role of Public Education," Discussion Papers 99-06, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Yoram Ben-Porath, 1967. "The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 352-352.
- Philip Oreopoulos, 2003. "Do Dropouts Drop Out Too Soon? Evidence from Changes in School-Leaving Laws," Working Papers oreo-03-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Zvi Eckstein & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1999. "Why Youths Drop Out of High School: The Impact of Preferences, Opportunities, and Abilities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1295-1340, November.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:1511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi) or (Héctor Pastori). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derauuy.html .