Do We Really Need Both BEKK and DCC? A Tale of Two Covariance Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Do We Really Need Both BEKK and DCC? A Tale of Two Covariance Models," CARF F-Series CARF-F-156, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Do We Really Need Both BEKK and DCC? A Tale of Two Covariance Models," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-638, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Massimiliano Caporin & Paolo Paruolo, 2009. "Structured Multivariate Volatility Models," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0091, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Asai, M. & Caporin, M., 2009.
"Block Structure Multivariate Stochastic Volatility Models,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2009-51, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Manabu Asai & Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Block Structure Multivariate Stochastic Volatility Models," Working Papers in Economics 10/24, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Manabu Asai & Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Block Structure Multivariate Stochastic Volatility Models," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-699, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2003. "Asymptotic Theory For A Vector Arma-Garch Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 280-310, April.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Michael McAleer, 2008. "Scalar BEKK and indirect DCC," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(6), pages 537-549.
- Comte, F. & Lieberman, O., 2003. "Asymptotic theory for multivariate GARCH processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 61-84, January.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
- Matteo Bonato & Massimiliano Caporin & Angelo Ranaldo, 2009.
"Forecasting realized (co)variances with a block structure Wishart autoregressive model,"
2009-03, Swiss National Bank.
- Bonato, Matteo & Caporin, Massimiliano & Ranaldo, Angelo, 2012. "Forecasting Realized (Co)Variances with a Bloc Structure Wishart Autoregressive Model," Working Papers on Finance 1211, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Billio, Monica & Caporin, Massimiliano, 2009.
"A generalized Dynamic Conditional Correlation model for portfolio risk evaluation,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 2566-2578.
- Monica Billio & Massimiliano Caporin, 2006. "A generalized Dynamic Conditional Correlation Model for Portfolio Risk Evaluation," Working Papers 2006_53, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Monica Billio & Massimiliano Caporin & Michele Gobbo, 2006. "Flexible Dynamic Conditional Correlation multivariate GARCH models for asset allocation," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 123-130, March.
- Robert Engle & Neil Shephard & Kevin Shepphard, 2008.
"Fitting vast dimensional time-varying covariance models,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2008fe30, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Neil Shephard & Kevin Sheppard & Robert F. Engle, 2008. "Fitting vast dimensional time-varying covariance models," Economics Series Working Papers 403, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- McAleer, Michael & Chan, Felix & Hoti, Suhejla & Lieberman, Offer, 2008. "Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Correlation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(06), pages 1554-1583, December.
More about this item
KeywordsConditional correlations; Conditional covariances; Diagonal models; Forecasting; Generalized models; Hadamard models; Scalar models; Targeting.;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucm:doicae:0904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Águeda González Abad). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feucmes.html .