Multidimensional Nation Wellbeing, More Equal yet More Polarized: An Analysis of the Progress of Human Development since 1990
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- T. Paul Schultz, 1998.
"Inequality in the distribution of personal income in the world: How it is changing and why,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(3), pages 307-344.
- T. Paul Schultz, 1998. "Inequality in the Distribution of Personal Income in the World: How it is Changing and Why," Working Papers 784, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Schultz, T.P., 1998. "Inequality in the Distribution of Personal Income in the World: How It Is Changing and Why," Papers 784, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- repec:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:12:p:4067-4080 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2008.
"What Is Middle Class about the Middle Classes around the World?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 3-28, Spring.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Duflo, Esther, 2007. "What is Middle Class about the Middle Classes Around the World?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Esther Duflo & Abhijit Banerjee, 2008. "What is Middle Class About the Middle Classes Around the World?," Working Papers id:1363, eSocialSciences.
- Hobijn, Bart & Franses, Philip Hans, 2001. "Are living standards converging?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 171-200, July.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arnaud Lefranc & Nicolas Pistolesi & Alain Trannoy, 2008.
"Inequality Of Opportunities Vs. Inequality Of Outcomes: Are Western Societies All Alike?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(4), pages 513-546, December.
- Lefranc, A. & Pistolesi, Nicolas & Trannoy, Alain, 2005. "Inequality of opportunities vs inequality of outcomes: are western societies all alike?," ISER Working Paper Series 2005-15, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Arnaud Lefranc & Nicolas Pistolesi & Alain Trannoy, 2006. "Inequality of opportunities vs. inequality of outcomes: Are Western societies all alike?," Working Papers 54, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Lefranc, Arnaud & Pistolesi, Nicolas & Trannoy, Alain, 2009.
"Equality of opportunity and luck: Definitions and testable conditions, with an application to income in France,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(11-12), pages 1189-1207, December.
- Arnaud Lefranc & Nicolas Pistolesi & Alain Trannoy, 2009. "Equality of opportunity and luck: Definitions and testable conditions, with an application to income in France ," Post-Print hal-01650733, HAL.
- Arnaud LEFRANC & Nicolas PISTOLESI & Alain TRANNOY, 2009. "Equality of opportunity and luck: Definitions and testable conditions, with an application to income in France," THEMA Working Papers 2009-01, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Blanchet, Didier, 2013. "Beyond GDP: Measuring Welfare and Assessing Sustainability," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199767199.
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1982. "A Decomposition Analysis of the Trend in UK Income Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 886-902, December.
- Gordon Anderson & Oliver Linton & Teng Leo, 2012. "A polarization-cohesion perspective on cross-country convergence," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 49-69, March.
- Gordon Anderson & Maria Pittau & Roberto Zelli, 2014. "Poverty status probability: a new approach to measuring poverty and the progress of the poor," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(4), pages 469-488, December.
- Diane Coyle, 2014. "GDP: A Brief but Affectionate History," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10183, June.
- Alessio Farcomeni, 2015. "Generalized Linear Mixed Models Based on Latent Markov Heterogeneity Structures," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1127-1135, December.
More about this item
KeywordsWellbeing; Human Development Index; Multi-dimensional Mixture Models; Class membership; Inequality; Polarization; Mobility.;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2018-05-14 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2018-05-14 (Economics of Happiness)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.