On the identification of the “middle class”
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Burkhauser, Richard V, et al, 1999. "Testing the Significance of Income Distribution Changes over the 1980s Business Cycle: A Cross-National Comparison," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 253-272, May-June.
- Beach, Charles M. & Chaykowski, Richard P. & Slotsve, George A., 1997. "Inequality and polarization of male earnings in the United States, 1968-1990," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 135-151.
- Branko Milanovic & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2002.
"Decomposing World Income Distribution: Does The World Have A Middle Class?,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(2), pages 155-178, June.
- Milanovic, Branko & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2001. "Decomposing world income distribution : does the world have a middle class ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2562, The World Bank.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2008.
"What Is Middle Class about the Middle Classes around the World?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 3-28, Spring.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Duflo, Esther, 2007. "What is Middle Class about the Middle Classes Around the World?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Esther Duflo & Abhijit Banerjee, 2008. "What is Middle Class About the Middle Classes Around the World?," Working Papers id:1363, eSocialSciences.
- Markus M. Grabka & Joachim R. Frick, 2008. "The Shrinking German Middle Class: Signs of Long-Term Polarization in Disposable Income?," Weekly Report, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 4(4), pages 21-27.
- Andrea Brandolini & Silvia Magri & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2010.
"Asset-based measurement of poverty,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 267-284.
- Andrea Brandolini & Silvia Magri & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2010. "Asset-based measurement of poverty," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 755, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Silvia Magri & Timothy Smeeding & Andrea Brandolini, 2010. "Asset-Based Measurement of Poverty," LWS Working papers 10, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Maarten Goos & Alan Manning, 2007.
"Lousy and Lovely Jobs: The Rising Polarization of Work in Britain,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 118-133, February.
- Goos, Maarten & Manning, Alan, 2003. "Lousy and lovely jobs: the rising polarization of work in Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20002, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Maarten Goos & Alan Manning, 2003. "Lousy and Lovely Jobs: the Rising Polarization of Work in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0604, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Marcelo Medeiros, 2006. "The Rich and the Poor: The Construction of an Affluence Line from the Poverty Line," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 1-18, August.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:41:y:2007:i:1:p:181-200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bluestone, Barry & Harrison, Bennett, 1988. "The Growth of Low-Wage Employment: 1963-86," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 124-128, May.
- Andreas Peichl, 2007. "Measuring richness," German Stata Users' Group Meetings 2007 06, Stata Users Group.
- Michal Brzezinski, 2010. "Income Affluence in Poland," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 285-299, November.
- Joseph Eisenhauer, 2008. "An Economic Definition of the Middle Class," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 103-113, January.
- Antonio Estache & D. Leipziger, 2009. "Stuck in the Middle: Is Fiscal Policy Failing the Middle Class?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44102, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
Keywordsclass structure; income distribution;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LMA-2011-09-16 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2011-09-16 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2011-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecineea.html .