The Rich and the Poor: The Construction of an Affluence Line from the Poverty Line
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan M. Siegel & Alan J. Auerbach, 2000.
"Capital-Gains Realizations of the Rich and Sophisticated,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 276-282, May.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Jonathan M. Siegel, 2000. "Capital Gains Realizations of the Rich and Sophisticated," NBER Working Papers 7532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba & Daniel R. Feenberg, 2000.
"The Income and Tax Share of Very High-Income Households, 1960-1995,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 264-270, May.
- Daniel R. Feenberg & James M. Poterba, 2000. "The Income and Tax Share of Very High Income Households, 1960-1995," NBER Working Papers 7525, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira & Nadia Simoes, 2015.
"An Integrated Approach for the Measurement of Inequality, Poverty, and Richness,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 62(5), pages 531-555, December.
- Nuno Crespo & Sandrina Berthault Moreira & Nádia Simões, 2011. "An integrated approach for the measurement of inequality, poverty, and richness," Working Papers 205, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira & Nádia Simões, 2012. "An Integrated Approach for the Measurement of Inequality, Poverty and Richness," Working Papers Series 2 12-03, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Guido Alfani, 2017.
"The rich in historical perspective: evidence for preindustrial Europe (ca. 1300–1800),"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 11(3), pages 321-348, September.
- Guido Alfani, 2016. "The rich in historical perspective. Evidence for preindustrial Europe (ca. 1300-1800)," Working Papers 571, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Somnath Chattopadhyay, 2011. "Earnings efficiency and poverty dominance analysis: a spatial approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2298-2318.
- BILOA ESSIMI, Jean Aristide & CHAMENI NEMBUA, Celestin, 2013.
"Estimation D’Une Ligne D’Affluence : Cas Du Cameroun
[Affluence Line Estimation: Case Of Cameroon]," MPRA Paper 48095, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravallion Martin, 2010.
"Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-31, December.
- Martin Ravallion, 2009. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Martin Ravallion, 2011. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager Chinese 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2009. "Do poorer countries have less capacity for redistribution ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5046, The World Bank.
- Guillermo Cruces & Luis Felipe López Calva & Diego Battistón, 2011. "Down and Out or Up and In? Polarization-Based Measures of the Middle Class for Latin America," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0113, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Michal Brzezinski, 2011. "Variance Estimation for Richness Measures," LWS Working papers 11, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Lidia Ceriani & Paolo Verme, 2014. "The Income Lever and the Allocation of Aid," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(11), pages 1510-1522, November.
- J. Muñoz & E. Álvarez-Verdejo & R. García-Fernández & L. Barroso, 2015. "Efficient Estimation of the Headcount Index," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 713-732, September.
- Andreas Peichl & Thilo Schaefer & Christoph Scheicher, 2010.
"Measuring Richness And Poverty: A Micro Data Application To Europe And Germany,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(3), pages 597-619, September.
- Peichl, Andreas & Schaefer, Thilo & Scheicher, Christoph, 2008. "Measuring Richness and Poverty: A Micro Data Application to Europe and Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 3790, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chameni Nembua, Célestin & Biloa Essimi, Jean Aristide, 2013.
"Who is Rich in Cameroun?
[Who is Rich in Cameroon?]," MPRA Paper 48024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arup Bose & Satya Chakravarty & Conchita D’Ambrosio, 2014. "Richness orderings," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(1), pages 5-22, March.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Andrea Brandolini, 2011. "On the identification of the “middle class”," Working Papers 217, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Andy Sumner, 2012. "The Buoyant Billions: How â€œMiddle Classâ€ Are the New Middle Classes in Developing Countries? (And Why Does It Matter?)," Working Papers id:5169, eSocialSciences.
- Vasiliy A. Anikin & Yulia P. Lezhnina & Svetlana V. Mareeva & Ekaterina D. Slobodenyuk & Nataliya N. Tikhonovà, 2016. "Income Stratification: Key Approaches and Their Application to Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 02/PSP/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Andy Sumner, 2012. "The Buoyant Billions: How “Middle Class” Are the New Middle Classes in Developing Countries? (And Why Does It Matter?)," Working Papers 309, Center for Global Development.
- Michal Brzezinski, 2010. "Income Affluence in Poland," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 285-299, November.
- Turčínková, Jana & Stávková, Jana, 2011. "Assessment of the income situation of households in the Czech Republic," MPRA Paper 33508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandra Michelangeli & Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2011. "Detecting a change in wealth concentration without the knowledge of the wealth distribution," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(3), pages 373-391, September.
More about this item
Keywordsaffluence; poverty; rich; social inequality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:78:y:2006:i:1:p:1-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.