Taxes, High-Income Executives, and the Perils of Revenue Estimation in the New Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Austan Goolsbee, 2000. "Taxes, High-Income Executives, and the Perils of Revenue Estimation in the New Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 271-275, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Austan Goolsbee, 1999. "Evidence on the High-Income Laffer Curve from Six Decades of Tax Reform," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(2), pages 1-64.
- John R. Graham & Michael L. Lemmon, 1998. "Measuring Corporate Tax Rates And Tax Incentives: A New Approach," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(1), pages 54-65.
- Jerry Hausman, 1998. "Taxation by Telecommunications Regulation," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 12, pages 29-48 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian J. Hall & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2000. "The Taxation of Executive Compensation," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 14, pages 1-44 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burman, Leonard E & Randolph, William C, 1994. "Measuring Permanent Responses to Capital-Gains Tax Changes in Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 794-809, September.
- Jerry Hausman, 1998. "Taxation by Telecommunications Regulation," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 53052.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Hoeller & Isabelle Joumard & Mauro Pisu & Debra Bloch, 2012. "Less Income Inequality and More Growth – Are They Compatible? Part 1. Mapping Income Inequality Across the OECD," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 924, OECD Publishing.
- Neisser, Carina, 2017. "The elasticity of taxable income: A meta-regression analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-032, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hanlon, Michelle & Heitzman, Shane, 2010. "A review of tax research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 127-178, December.
- James M. Poterba & Daniel R. Feenberg, 2000.
"The Income and Tax Share of Very High-Income Households, 1960-1995,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 264-270, May.
- Daniel R. Feenberg & James M. Poterba, 2000. "The Income and Tax Share of Very High Income Households, 1960-1995," NBER Working Papers 7525, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Justin M. Ross & Robert R. Dunn, 2007. "The Income Tax Responsiveness Of The Rich: Evidence From Free Agent Major League Baseball All-Stars," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 639-648, October.
- Paul van den Noord & Chistopher Heady, 2001. "Surveillance of Tax Policies: A Synthesis of Findings in Economic Surveys," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 303, OECD Publishing.
- Gorry, Aspen & Hassett, Kevin A. & Hubbard, R. Glenn & Mathur, Aparna, 2017.
"The response of deferred executive compensation to changes in tax rates,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 28-40.
- Aspen Gorry & Kevin A. Hassett & R. Glenn Hubbard & Aparna Mathur, 2015. "The Response of Deferred Executive Compensation to Changes in Tax Rates," NBER Working Papers 21516, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcelo Medeiros, 2006. "Poverty, inequality and redistribution: A methodology to define the rich," Working Papers 18, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Jin, Li & Kothari, S.P., 2008. "Effect of personal taxes on managers' decisions to sell their stock," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 23-46, September.
More about this item
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2000-05-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2000-05-16 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2000-05-16 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .