Capital Gains Realizations of the Rich and Sophisticated
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jonathan M. Siegel & Alan J. Auerbach, 2000. "Capital-Gains Realizations of the Rich and Sophisticated," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 276-282, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Lung-fei & Maddala, G S & Trost, R P, 1980. "Asymptotic Covariance Matrices of Two-Stage Probit and Two-Stage Tobit Methods for Simultaneous Equations Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 491-503, March.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Leonard E. Burman & Jonathan Siegel, 1998. "Capital Gains Taxation and Tax Avoidance: New Evidence from Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 6399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1988. "Capital Gains Taxation in the United States: Realizations, Revenue, and Rhetoric," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 595-638.
- Burman, Leonard E & Randolph, William C, 1994. "Measuring Permanent Responses to Capital-Gains Tax Changes in Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 794-809, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcelo Medeiros, 2006. "The Rich and the Poor: The Construction of an Affluence Line from the Poverty Line," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 1-18, August.
- Blundell, Richard & Francesconi, Marco & van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 2011.
"Anatomy of Welfare Reform Evaluation: Announcement and Implementation Effects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6050, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blundell, R & Francesconi, M & van der Klaauw, W, 2011. "Anatomy of Welfare Reform Evaluation:Announcement and Implementation Effects," Economics Discussion Papers 2572, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Ulrika Praski-Ståhlgren & Niklas Rudholm, 2010. "Do high taxes lock-in capital gains? Evidence from a dual income tax system," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 25-38, October.
- Francesco Menoncin & Paolo M. Panteghini, 2013.
"The Johansson-Samuelson Theorem in General Equilibrium: A Rebuttal,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 69(1), pages 57-71, March.
- Francesco Menoncin & Paolo M. Panteghini, 2008. "The Johansson-Samuelson Theorem in General Equilibrium: A Rebuttal," Working Papers 0806, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Menoncin & Paolo Panteghini, 2008. "The Johansson-Samuelson Theorem in General Equilibrium: A Rebuttal," CESifo Working Paper Series 2352, CESifo Group Munich.
- Poterba, James M., 2002.
"Taxation, risk-taking, and household portfolio behavior,"
Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 17, pages 1109-1171
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Taxation, Risk-Taking, and Household Portfolio Behavior," NBER Working Papers 8340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gallmeyer, Michael F. & Kaniel, Ron & Tompaidis, Stathis, 2006. "Tax management strategies with multiple risky assets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 243-291, May.
- BILOA ESSIMI, Jean Aristide & CHAMENI NEMBUA, Celestin, 2013.
"Estimation D’Une Ligne D’Affluence : Cas Du Cameroun
[Affluence Line Estimation: Case Of Cameroon]," MPRA Paper 48095, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Gritsch & Tricia Coxwell Snyder, 2007. "Taxing Options: Do Ceos Respond To Favorable Tax Treatment Of Stock Options?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 343-357, Summer.
- Owen M. Zidar, 2015. "Tax Cuts For Whom? Heterogeneous Effects of Income Tax Changes on Growth and Employment," NBER Working Papers 21035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Diamond, 2005. "Dynamic Effects of Extending the 2001 and 2003 Income Tax Cuts," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(2), pages 165-192, March.
More about this item
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2000-02-14 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2000-02-15 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7532. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .