Market Segmentation: The Role of Opaque Travel Agencies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dmitry Shapiro & Xianwen Shi, 2008. "Market Segmentation: The Role of Opaque Travel Agencies," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 803-837, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn Ellison, 2005. "A Model of Add-On Pricing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 585-637.
- Thomas E. Cooper, 1986. "Most-Favored-Customer Pricing and Tacit Collusion," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 377-388, Autumn.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Charles A. Holt & David T. Scheffman, 1987. "Facilitating Practices: The Effects of Advance Notice and Best-Price Policies," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(2), pages 187-197, Summer.
- Scott Fay, 2004. "Partial-Repeat-Bidding in the Name-Your-Own-Price Channel," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 407-418, February.
- Raymond J. Deneckere & R. Preston McAfee, 1996. "Damaged Goods," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 149-174, June.
- Il-Horn Hann & Christian Terwiesch, 2003. "Measuring the Frictional Costs of Online Transactions: The Case of a Name-Your-Own-Price Channel," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(11), pages 1563-1579, November.
- Stole, Lars A., 2007. "Price Discrimination and Competition," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yong Chao & Lin Liu & Dongyuan Zhan, 2016. "Vertical Probabilistic Selling under Competition: the Role of Consumer Anticipated Regret," Working Papers 16-14, NET Institute.
- Malgorzata Ogonowska & Dominique Torre, 2012.
"Sustainable Tourism and the emergence of new Environmental Norms,"
- Dominique Torre & Malgorzata Ogonowska, 2013. "Sustainable tourism and the emergence of new environmental norms," Post-Print halshs-00856478, HAL.
- Anderson, Chris K. & Xie, Xiaoqing, 2014. "Pricing and market segmentation using opaque selling mechanisms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(1), pages 263-272.
- Qiang Gong & Qihong Liu & Yi Zhang, 2016. "Optimal product differentiation in a circular model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 119(3), pages 219-252, November.
- Dmitry Shapiro, 2011. "Profitability of the Name-Your-Own-Price Channel in the Case of Risk-Averse Buyers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 290-304, 03-04.
- Malgorzata Ogonowska, 2012. "Selling Tourism Products through the Opaque Channels," Post-Print halshs-01219441, HAL.
- Andrea Runfola & Massimo Rosati & Simone Guercini, 2013. "New business models in online hotel distribution: emerging private sales versus leading IDS," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 7(2), pages 183-205, June.
- Courty, Pascal & Liu, Wenyu, 2013. "Opaque Selling: Static or Inter-Temporal Price Discrimination?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9463, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Malgorzata Ogonowska & Dominique Torre, 2010. "Joint Opaque booking systems for online travel agencies," Working Papers hal-00476150, HAL.
- von Wangenheim, Jonas, 2017. "Consumer-Optimal Information Design," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 53, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Shapiro, Dmitry & Zillante, Arthur, 2009. "Naming your own price mechanisms: Revenue gain or drain?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 725-737, November.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:590-601 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kinshuk Jerath & Serguei Netessine & Senthil K. Veeraraghavan, 2010. "Revenue Management with Strategic Customers: Last-Minute Selling and Opaque Selling," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(3), pages 430-448, March.
- Robert Zeithammer, 2015. "Optimal selling strategies when buyers name their own prices," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 135-171, June.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket segmentation; opaque travel agency; separation equilibrium; price discrimination;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-02-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2008-02-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2008-02-16 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2008-02-16 (Marketing)
- NEP-TUR-2008-02-16 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.