Euclidean Revealed Preferences: Testing the Spatial Voting Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marc Henry & Ismael Mourifié, 2013. "Euclidean Revealed Preferences: Testing The Spatial Voting Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4), pages 650-666, June.
- Marc Henry & Ismael Mourifié, 2011. "Euclidean Revealed Preferences: Testing the Spatial Voting Model," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-49, CIRANO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arie Beresteanu & Ilya Molchanov & Francesca Molinari, 2009. "Sharp identification regions in models with convex predictions: games, individual choice, and incomplete data," CeMMAP working papers CWP27/09, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ruud H. Koning & Geert Ridder, 2003.
"Discrete choice and stochastic utility maximization,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, June.
- Ruud H Koning & Geert Ridder, 1999. "Discrete Choice and Stochastic Utility Maximization," Economics Working Paper Archive 413, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Jeong, Gyung-Ho, 2008. "Testing the Predictions of the Multidimensional Spatial Voting Model with Roll Call Data," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 179-196, March.
- Heckman, James J, 1978.
"Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 931-959, July.
- James J. Heckman, 1977. "Dummy Endogenous Variables in a Simultaneous Equation System," NBER Working Papers 0177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1990. "On the compatibility of nested logit models with utility maximization," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-388, March.
- Nicholas Christakis & James Fowler & Guido Imbens & Karthik Kalyanaraman, 2010.
"An empirical model for strategic network formation,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP16/10, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Nicholas A. Christakis & James H. Fowler & Guido W. Imbens & Karthik Kalyanaraman, 2010. "An Empirical Model for Strategic Network Formation," NBER Working Papers 16039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kalandrakis, Tasos, 2010. "Rationalizable voting," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5(1), January.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Chesher, Andrew D, 1984. "Testing for Neglected Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 865-872, July.
- Norman Schofield, 2007. "The Mean Voter Theorem: Necessary and Sufficient Conditions for Convergent Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 965-980.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Ian Crawford, 2008.
"Best Nonparametric Bounds on Demand Responses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1227-1262, November.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Ian Crawford, 2005. "Best nonparametric bounds on demand responses," CeMMAP working papers CWP12/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Ian Crawford, 2005. "Best Nonparametric Bounds on Demand Responses," CAM Working Papers 2005-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Richard Blundell & Martin Browning & Ian Crawford, 2005. "Best nonparametric bounds on demand responses," IFS Working Papers W05/20, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Laslier, Jean-Francois, 2007. "Euclidean preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 87-98, February.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional CDF and Quantile Functions With Mixed Categorical and Continuous Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 423-434.
- Degan, Arianna & Merlo, Antonio, 2009. "Do voters vote ideologically?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(5), pages 1868-1894, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:poleco:v:51:y:2018:i:c:p:107-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Florenz Plassmann & T. Tideman, 2014. "How frequently do different voting rules encounter voting paradoxes in three-candidate elections?," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 42(1), pages 31-75, January.
- Laurens Cherchye & Sam Cosaert & Bram De Rock & Pieter Jan Kerstens & Frederic Vermeulen, 2017. "Individual Welfare Analysis for Collective Households," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2017-44, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Menezes, Mozart B.C. & da Silveira, Giovani J.C. & Drezner, Zvi, 2016. "Democratic elections and centralized decisions: Condorcet and Approval Voting compared with Median and Coverage locations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 253(1), pages 195-203.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2011-11-21 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GEO-2011-11-21 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-POL-2011-11-21 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2011cf822. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ritokjp.html .