Have industrial relations in the UK really improved?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephen Drinkwater & Peter Ingram, 2005. "Have Industrial Relations in the UK Really Improved?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 19(2), pages 373-398, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco, 2000. "Collectivism versus individualism: performance-related pay and union coverage for non-standard workers in Britain," ISER Working Paper Series 2000-35, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Alex Bryson, 2001. "The Foundation of â€˜Partnershipâ€™? Union Effects on Employee Trust in Management," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 176(1), pages 91-104, April.
- Booth, A-L & Frank, J, 1997. "Performance Related Pay," CEPR Discussion Papers 364, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Keith A. Bender & Peter J. Sloane, 1998. "Job Satisfaction, Trade Unions, and Exit-Voice Revisited," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(2), pages 222-240, January.
- P Ingram & David Metcalf & Jonathan Wadsworth, 1992. "Do Strikes Pay?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0092, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1988. "Profit-Related Pay: Prose Discovered," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 720-730, September.
- Knight, K G & Latreille, Paul L, 2000. "How Far Do Cases Go? Resolution in Industrial Tribunal Applications," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 68(6), pages 723-744, December.
- Sapsford, David & Turnbull, Peter, 1994. "Strikes and Industrial Conflict in Britain's Docks: Balloons or Icebergs?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(3), pages 249-265, August.
- Crouch, Colin, 2000. "The Snakes and Ladders of Twenty-First-Century Trade Unionism," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 70-83, Spring.
- Richard Freeman & Jeffrey Pelletier, 1990.
"The Impact of Industrial Relations Legislation on British Union Density,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 28(2), pages 141-164, July.
- Richard Freeman & Jeffrey Pelletier, 1989. "The Impact of Industrial Relations Legislation on British Union Density," NBER Working Papers 3167, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Brown & Simon Deakin & David Nash & Sarah Oxenbridge, 2000.
"The Employment Contract: From Collective Procedures to Individual Rights,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 611-629, December.
- William Brown & Simon Deakin & David Nash & Sarah Oxenbridge, 2000. "The Employment Contract: From Collective Procedures To Individual Rights," Working Papers wp171, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- John S. Heywood & W. S. Siebert & Xiangdong Wei, 2002. "Worker Sorting and Job Satisfaction: The Case of Union and Government Jobs," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(4), pages 595-609, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Forth, 2008. "Conflict at Work: The Pattern of Disputes in Britain since 1980," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 316, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Bryson, Alex, 2008. "Union decline in Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19603, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter Urwin & Franz Buscha & Paul L. Latreille, 2014. "Representation in UK Employment Tribunals: Analysis of the 2003 and 2008 Survey of Employment Tribunal Applications (SETA)," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 52(1), pages 158-184, March.
- Richard Jones & Peter Sloane, 2009. "Regional differences in job satisfaction," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 1019-1041.
- Jeremy Tanguy, 2013. "Collective and Individual Conflicts in the Workplace: Evidence from F rance," Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 102-133, January.
- Gürtzgen, Nicole & Garloff, Alfred, 2008. "Innovationen in den Rahmenbedingungen von Tarifverhandlungen: Endbericht zum Projekt," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 110513.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial relations; strikes; individual disputes;
- J52 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Dispute Resolution: Strikes, Arbitration, and Mediation
- J53 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Labor-Management Relations; Industrial Jurisprudence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sur:surrec:0903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ioannis Lazopoulos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desuruk.html .