Industrial Growth and Structural Change: Brazil in a Long-Run Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sokoloff, Kenneth L., 1988.
"Inventive Activity in Early Industrial America: Evidence From Patent Records, 1790–1846,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(04), pages 813-850, December.
- Kenneth L. Sokoloff, 1988. "Inventive Activity in Early Industrial America: Evidence From Patent Records, 1790-1846," UCLA Economics Working Papers 499, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Kenneth L. Sokoloff, 1988. "Inventive Activity in Early Industrial America: Evidence From Patent Records, 1790 - 1846," NBER Working Papers 2707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 2000.
"Technological progress, structural change and productivity growth: a comparative study,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 393-411, December.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2000. "Technological Progress, Structural Change and Productivity Growth: A Comparative Study," Working Papers 5, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Colistete, Renato P., 2010. "Revisiting Import-Substituting Industrialisation in Post-War Brazil," MPRA Paper 24665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Solomon Fabricant, 1942. "Employment in Manufacturing, 1899-1939: An Analysis of Its Relation to the Volume of Production," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fabr42-1, January.
- Tito Boeri & J. Ignacio Conde-Ruiz & Vincenzo Galasso, 2012. "The Political Economy Of Flexicurity," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 684-715, August.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Globalization and the Great Divergence: Terms of Trade Booms and Volatility in the Poor Periphery 1782-1913," Working Papers 08-07, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Timmer, Marcel P. & Szirmai, Adam, 2000. "Productivity growth in Asian manufacturing: the structural bonus hypothesis examined," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 371-392, December.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Globalization and the Great Divergence: Terms of Trade Booms and Volatility in the Poor Periphery 1782-1913," NBER Working Papers 13841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertola, Luis & Ocampo, Jose Antonio, 2012. "The Economic Development of Latin America since Independence," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199662142.
- Ferreira, Francisco H.G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Ravallion, Martin, 2010.
"Poverty reduction without economic growth?: Explaining Brazil's poverty dynamics, 1985-2004,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 20-36, September.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Ravallion, Martin, 2007. "Poverty reduction without economic growth ? explaining Brazil's poverty dynamics, 1985-2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4431, The World Bank.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
- Teitel, Simon & Thoumi, Francisco E, 1986. "From Import Substitution to Exports: The Manufacturing Exports Experience of Argentina and Brazil," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(3), pages 455-490, April.
- Tafunell, Xavier, 2009. "Capital Formation in Machinery in Latin America, 1890-1930," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(04), pages 928-950, December.
- Reynolds, Lloyd G, 1983. "The Spread of Economic Growth to the Third World: 1850-1980," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 941-980, September.
- Crafts, N F R, 1973. "Trade as a Handmaiden of Growth: An Alternative View," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(331), pages 875-884, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Past and Present: Brazilâ€™s Unfulfilled Expectations
by sebastianfleitas in NEP-HIS blog on 2014-02-03 19:57:01
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Cimoli & Jose Antonio Ocampo & Gabriel Porcile, 2017. "Choosing sides in the trilemma: international financial cycles and structural change in developing economies," LEM Papers Series 2017/26, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- André Roncaglia, 2016. "Structural Change, De-Industrialization And Inflation Inertia In Brazil," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 077, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- André Roncaglia de Carvalho, 2013. "Inflation, structural change and conflict in post-disinflation Brazil: a structuralist appraisal," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2013_25, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- André Roncaglia de Carvalho, 2014. "Structural change, de-industrialization and inflation inertia in Brazil," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_29, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial Growth; Structural Change; Brazil;
- N66 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-08-31 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HIS-2013-08-31 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAM-2013-08-31 (Central & South America)
- NEP-RES-2013-08-31 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spa:wpaper:2013wpecon10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pedro Garcia Duarte). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuspbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.