Economics - Unfit for purpose: The Director's Cut
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert W. Dimand, 2011. "Emily Greene Balch, Political Economist," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(2), pages 464-479, April.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- Ben Fine, 2011. "The General Impossibility of Neoclassical Economics," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Jessica Carrick-Hagenbarth & Gerald A. Epstein, 2012. "Dangerous interconnectedness: economists' conflicts of interest, ideology and financial crisis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 43-63.
- Scott Carter, 2011. ""On the Cobb-Douglas and all that …": the Solow-Simon correspondence over the aggregate neoclassical production function," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 255-274.
- Ben Fine, 2009. "The economics of identity and the identity of economics?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 175-191, March.
- Carter, Scott, 2012. "C.E. Ferguson’S Lost Reply To Joan Robinson On The Theory Of Capital," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 21-41, March.
- Gerald Epstein & Jessica Carrick-Hagenbarth, 2010. "Financial Economists, Financial Interests and Dark Corners of the Meltdown: It’s Time to Set Ethical Standards for the Economics Profession," Working Papers wp239_revised, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- J. B. Glattfelder & S. Battiston, 2009. "Backbone of complex networks of corporations: The flow of control," Papers 0902.0878, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2009.
- Nuno Martins, 2011. "The Revival of Classical Political Economy and the Cambridge Tradition: From Scarcity Theory to Surplus Theory," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 111-131.
- James E. Alvey, 2011. "Ethics and economics, today and in the past," The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 5(1), pages 5-34, November.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Ben Fine, 2008. "Vicissitudes of Economics Imperialism," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 66(2), pages 235-240.
- Scott Carter, 2011. "C.E. Ferguson and the Neoclassical Theory of Capital: A Matter of Faith," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 339-356.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics and ethics; heterodox critique of mainstream; social capital;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2013-03-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-03-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2013-03-16 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soa:wpaper:176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duo QIN). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desoauk.html .