Infrastructure Quality and the Subsidy Trap
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Nesbakken, Runa, 2001. " Energy Consumption for Space Heating: A Discrete-Continuous Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(1), pages 165-184, March.
- Irina Klytchnikova & Michael Lokshin, 2009.
"Measuring Welfare Gains from Better Quality Infrastructure,"
Journal of Infrastructure Development,
India Development Foundation, vol. 1(2), pages 87-109, December.
- Klytchnikova, Irina & Lokshin, Michael, 2007. "Measuring welfare gains from better quality infrastructure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4217, The World Bank.
- Leonardo Morales & Carlos Medina, 2007.
"Stratification and Public Utility Services in Colombia: Subsidies to Households or Distortion of Housing Prices?,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 41-99, January.
- Carlos Medina & Leonardo Morales, 2006. "Stratification and Public Utility Services in Colombia: Subsidies to Households or Distortions on Housing Prices?," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003528, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Carlos Medina & Leonardo Morales, 2006. "Stratification and Public Utility Services in Colombia: Subsidies to Households or Distortions on Housing Prices?," Borradores de Economia 422, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Julie A. Hewitt & W. Michael Hanemann, 1995. "A Discrete/Continuous Choice Approach to Residential Water Demand under Block Rate Pricing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(2), pages 173-192.
- Carlos Medina & Leonardo Fabio Morales, 2007.
"Demanda por Servicios Públicos Domiciliarios en Colombia y Subsidios: Implicaciones sobre el Bienestar,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
004293, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Carlos Medina & Leonardo Fabio Morales, 2007. "Demanda por Servicios Públicos Domiciliarios en Colombia y Subsidios: Implicaciones sobre el Bienestar," Borradores de Economia 467, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Cardoso, Rafael Balbino & Nogueira, Luiz Augusto Horta & Haddad, Jamil, 2010. "Economic feasibility for acquisition of efficient refrigerators in Brazil," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 28-37, January.
- Olmstead, Sheila M. & Michael Hanemann, W. & Stavins, Robert N., 2007. "Water demand under alternative price structures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 181-198, September.
- Thomas MaCurdy & David Green & Harry Paarsch, 1990. "Assessing Empirical Approaches for Analyzing Taxes and Labor Supply," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(3), pages 415-490.
- Kristin Komives & Vivien Foster & Jonathan Halpern & Quentin Wodon, 2005.
"Water, Electricity, and the Poor : Who Benefits from Utility Subsidies?,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 6361.
- Kristin Komives & Vivien Foster & Jonathan Halpern & Quentin Wodon & Roohi Abdullah, 2008. "Water, Electricity, and the Poor : Who Benefits from Utility Subsidies?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11745, The World Bank.
- Marcela Meléndez Arjona & Camila Casas & Pablo Medina, 2004. "Subsidios al consumo de los servicios públicos en Colombia ¿hacia donde movernos?," INFORMES DE INVESTIGACIÓN 003529, FEDESARROLLO.
- Munasinghe, Mohan, 1980. " Costs Incurred by Residential Electricity Consumers Due to Power Failures," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 361-369, March.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-90-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ellen M. Pint, 1999. "Household Responses to Increased Water Rates during the California Drought," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 246-266.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catherine Wolfram & Orie Shelef & Paul Gertler, 2012.
"How Will Energy Demand Develop in the Developing World?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 119-138, Winter.
- Catherine Wolfram & Orie Shelef & Paul J. Gertler, 2012. "How Will Energy Demand Develop in the Developing World?," NBER Working Papers 17747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carranza,Eliana & Meeks,Robyn, 2016.
"Shedding light : understanding energy efficiency and electricity reliability,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7891, The World Bank.
- Eliana Carranza & Robyn Meeks, 2016. "Shedding Light: Understanding Energy Efficiency and Electricity Reliability in Developing Countries," Natural Field Experiments 00569, The Field Experiments Website.
- Raul Alberto Jimenez Mori, 2017. "Are Blackout Days Free of Charge?: Valuation of Individual Preferences for Improved Electricity Services," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8424, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Nicholas Ryan, 2017. "The Competitive Effects of Transmission Infrastructure in the Indian Electricity Market," NBER Working Papers 23106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:466-477 is not listed on IDEAS
- Szabó, Andrea & Ujhelyi, Gergely, 2015. "Reducing nonpayment for public utilities: Experimental evidence from South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 20-31.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:345-357 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Zhongqi & Song, Shunfeng & Chen, Yongjun, 2016. "Private participation in infrastructure project and its impact on the project cost," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 63-76.
- Zhang, Jun, 2016. "Carbon Tax Incidence and Household Energy Demand in the U.S," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235569, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:217-228 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:55-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Estache, 2016. "Institutions for Infrastructure in Developing Countries: What We Know and the Lot We still Need to Know," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-27, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Theresa Chaudhry, 2010. "Estimating Residential Electricity Demand Responses in Pakistan’s Punjab," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(Special E), pages 107-138, September.
- Michael Greenstone & B. Kelsey Jack, 2013. "Envirodevonomics: A Research Agenda for a Young Field," NBER Working Papers 19426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Szabo & Gergely Ujhelyi, 2014. "Can Information Reduce Nonpayment for Public Utilities? Experimental Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 2014-114-31, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
More about this item
Keywordsdeveloping countries infrastructure; infrastructure subsidies; subsidy trap;
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sip:dpaper:09-017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Shor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cestaus.html .