Exploring farmers? selection of crop protection levels as an adaptation strategy to climate risks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cerdá, Emilio & Quiroga, Sonia, 2015. "Analysing the economic value of meteorological information to improve crop risk management decisions in a dynamic context," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(02).
- Quiroga, Sonia & Iglesias, Ana, 2009. "A comparison of the climate risks of cereal, citrus, grapevine and olive production in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 91-100, June.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- J. Hope & J. Lingard, 1992. "The Influence Of Risk Aversion On The Uptake Of Set‐Aside: A Motad And Crp Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 401-411, September.
- W.J.R. Alexander & F. Bailey, 2007. "Solar Activity and Climate Changeâ€”A Summary," Energy & Environment, , vol. 18(6), pages 801-804, November.
- Emilio Cerdá Tena & Sonia Quiroga Gómez, 2011. "Economic value of weather forecasting: the role of risk aversion," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 19(1), pages 130-149, July.
- Quiroga, Sonia & Cerda, Emilio, 2009. "Optimal crop protection against climate risk in a dynamic cost-loss decision-making model," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51702, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gomez-Limon, Jose A. & Arriaza, Manuel & Riesgo, Laura, 2003. "An MCDM analysis of agricultural risk aversion," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 569-585, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCrop yield protection; climate risks; information value; cost-loss ratio; decision models;
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-05-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-05-14 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2017-05-14 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sek:iefpro:4507414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klara Cermakova). General contact details of provider: https://iises.net/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.