Consumer Lending Efficiency: Commercial Banks Versus A Fintech Lender
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hughes, Joseph P. & Jagtiani, Julapa & Moon, Choon-Geol, 2019. "Consumer Lending Efficiency:Commercial Banks Versus A Fintech Lender," Working Papers 19-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hughes, Joseph P. & Jagtiani, Julapa & Mester, Loretta J. & Moon, Choon-Geol, 2018.
"Does Scale Matter in Community Bank Performance? Evidence Obtained by Applying Several New Measures of Performance,"
18-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph Hughes & Julapa Jagtiani & Loretta Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 2018. "Does Scale Matter In Community Bank Performance? Evidence Obtained By Applying Several New Measures Of Performance," Departmental Working Papers 201803, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Joseph Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon, 2017.
"How Bad Is a Bad Loan? Distinguishing Inherent Credit Risk from Inefficient Lending (Does the Capital Market Price This Difference?),"
Departmental Working Papers
201709, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon, 2018. "How Bad Is a Bad Loan? Distinguishing Inherent Credit Risk from Inefficient Lending (Does the Capital Market Price This Difference?)," Departmental Working Papers 201802, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Donald Morgan & Adam Ashcraft, 2003. "Using Loan Rates to Measure and Regulate Bank Risk: Findings and an Immodest Proposal," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 181-200, October.
More about this item
Keywordscommercial banking; online lending; credit risk; lending efficiency;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2018-11-26 (Banking)
- NEP-EFF-2018-11-26 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-PAY-2018-11-26 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rut:rutres:201806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derutus.html .