How Bad Is a Bad Loan? Distinguishing Inherent Credit Risk from Inefficient Lending (Does the Capital Market Price This Difference?)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joseph Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon, 2017. "How Bad Is a Bad Loan? Distinguishing Inherent Credit Risk from Inefficient Lending (Does the Capital Market Price This Difference?)," Departmental Working Papers 201709, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- David F. Hendry, 2013.
"Econometric Modelling: The ‘Consumption Function’ In Retrospect,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 495-522, November.
- Hendry, David F, 1983. "Econometric Modelling: The "Consumption Function" in Retrospect," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 30(3), pages 193-220, November.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Julia Campos & Neil R. Ericsson (ed.), 2005. "General-to-Specific Modelling," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 2417, April.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995.
"The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-443.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," NBER Working Papers 4921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Loretta J. Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 2016. "Market Discipline Working for and Against Financial Stability: The Two Faces of Equity Capital in U.S. Commercial Banking," Departmental Working Papers 201611, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Donald Morgan & Adam Ashcraft, 2003. "Using Loan Rates to Measure and Regulate Bank Risk: Findings and an Immodest Proposal," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 181-200, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hughes, Joseph P. & Jagtiani, Julapa & Mester, Loretta J. & Moon, Choon-Geol, 2018.
"Does Scale Matter in Community Bank Performance? Evidence Obtained by Applying Several New Measures of Performance,"
18-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph Hughes & Julapa Jagtiani & Loretta Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 2018. "Does Scale Matter In Community Bank Performance? Evidence Obtained By Applying Several New Measures Of Performance," Departmental Working Papers 201803, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscommercial banking; credit risk; nonperforming loans; lending efficiency;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-01-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2018-01-29 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2018-01-29 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-EFF-2018-01-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-RMG-2018-01-29 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rut:rutres:201802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derutus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.