Monetary policy during Brazil´s Real Plan: estimating the Central Bank´s reaction function
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Salgado, Maria José S. & Garcia, Márcio G. P. & Medeiros, Marcelo C., 2005. "Monetary Policy During Brazil´s Real Plan: Estimating the Central Bank´s Reaction Function," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 59(1), January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dolado Juan & Pedrero Ramón María-Dolores & Ruge-Murcia Francisco J., 2004.
"Nonlinear Monetary Policy Rules: Some New Evidence for the U.S,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-34, September.
- Dolado, Juan J. & María-Dolores, Ramón & Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J., 2002. "Non-Linear Monetary Policy Rules: Some New Evidence for the US," CEPR Discussion Papers 3405, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- DOLADO, J.J. & MARIA-DOLORES, R. & RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 2003. "Nonlinear Monetary Policy Rules: Some New Evidence for the U.S," Cahiers de recherche 18-2003, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ruge Murcia, F. J. & Ramón, Maria Dolores & Dolado, Juan José, 2002. "Nonlinear monetary policy rules: some new evidence for the US," UC3M Working papers. Economics we022910, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- DOLADO, J.J. & MARIA-DOLORES, R. & RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 2003. "Nonlinear Monetary Policy Rules: Some New Evidence for the U.S," Cahiers de recherche 2003-24, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 2000.
"Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(1), pages 147-180.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1997. "Monetary policy rules and macroeconomic stability: Evidence and some theory," Economics Working Papers 350, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 1999.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 1908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," NBER Working Papers 6442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, R. & Gali, J. & Gertler, M., 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and some Theory," Working Papers 98-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Dionísio Dias Carneiro & Thomas Yen Hon Wu, 2001. "Contas externas e política monetária," Textos para discussão 442, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Eitrheim, Oyvind & Terasvirta, Timo, 1996.
"Testing the adequacy of smooth transition autoregressive models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 59-75, September.
- Eitrheim, Øyvind & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1995. "Testing the Adequacy of Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 56, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Bec Frédérique & Ben Salem Mélika & Collard Fabrice, 2002. "Asymmetries in Monetary Policy Reaction Function: Evidence for U.S. French and German Central Banks," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 1-22, July.
- Nobay, A. R. & Peel, D. A., 2000. "Optimal monetary policy with a nonlinear Phillips curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 159-164, May.
- Márcio gomes Pinto Garcia & Marcus Vinicius Ferrero Valpassos, 1998. "Capital flows, capital controls and currency crisis: the case of Brazil in the nineties," Textos para discussão 389, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Dolado, Juan J. & Maria-Dolores, Ramon & Naveira, Manuel, 2005. "Are monetary-policy reaction functions asymmetric?: The role of nonlinearity in the Phillips curve," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 485-503, February.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Melike Altinkemer, 2005. "Recent Experiences with Capital Controls : Is There A Lesson for Turkey?," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 5(2), pages 1-38.
- baaziz, yosra, 2016.
"Les règles de Taylor à l’épreuve de la révolution : cas de l’Égypte
[The Taylor rule to the test of the revolution: the case of Egypt]," MPRA Paper 69779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fred IKLAGA, "undated". "Are Gap Models Policy Consistent? A Quarterly Prediction Model for Monetary Policy In Nigeria," EcoMod2009 21500042, EcoMod.
- Edilean Kleber da Silva & Marcelo Savino Portugal, 2010. "Central Bank Preferences And Monetary Rules Under The Inflation Targeting Regime In Brazil," Working Papers 07-2010, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:67:n:4:a:6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco A. F. H. Cavalcanti & Luciano Vereda, 2011. "Propriedades Dinâmicas de Um Modelo DSGE Com Parametrizações Alternativas Para o Brasil," Discussion Papers 1588, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Elcyon C. R. Lima & Alexis Maka & Mário Mendonça, 2007. "Monetary Policy Regimes in Brazil," Discussion Papers 1285, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:29:y:2009:i:1:a:2697 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edilean Kleber da Silva Bejarano Aragón & Marcelo Savino Portugal, 2008. "Nonlinearities in Central Bank of Brazil’s reaction function: the case of asymmetric preferences," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807151356590, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Knight John & Satchell Stephen, 2011. "Some New Results for Threshold AR(1) Models," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-42, April.
- Moreira, Tito Belchior Silva & Souza, Geraldo Silva & Ellery, Roberto, 2013. "An Evaluation of the tolerant to higher inflation rate in the short run by the Brazilian Central Bank in the period 2001-2012," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 67(4), November.
- Gonçalves, Fernando M & Holland, Marcio & Spacov, Andrei, 2007. "Pode a incerteza jurisdctional e os controles de capitais explicarem as altas taxas reais de juros no Brasil?," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 61(1), August.
More about this item
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2001-09-26 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2001-09-26 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rio:texdis:444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpucrbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.