Recent Experiences with Capital Controls : Is There A Lesson for Turkey?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claessens, Stijn & Dooley, Michael P & Warner, Andrew, 1995. "Portfolio Capital Flows: Hot or Cold?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 153-174, January.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1995.
"Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 162-172, January.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tobin, James & Wyplosz, Charles, 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233396, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Barry Eichengreen, James Tobin, and Charles Wyplosz., 1994. "Two Cases for Sand in the Wheels of International Finance," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C94-045, University of California at Berkeley.
- E.V.K. FitzGerald, 1999. "Policy Issues in Market Based and Non Market Based Measures To Control the Volatility of Portfolio Investment," Development Working Papers 129, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Edison, Hali J. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1999.
"Capital controls during financial crises: the cases of Malaysia and Thailand,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep, pages 1-36.
- Hali J. Edison & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Capital controls during financial crises: the case of Malaysia and Thailand," International Finance Discussion Papers 662, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Edison, Hali, 2001. "Capital controls during financial crises: The case of Malaysia and Thailand," MPRA Paper 13903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eliana Cardoso & Ilan Goldfajn, 1998.
"Capital Flows to Brazil: The Endogeneity of Capital Controls,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 161-202, March.
- Eliane A. Cardoso & Ilan Goldfajn, 1997. "Capital Flows to Brazil; The Endogeneity of Capital Controls," IMF Working Papers 97/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Melike Altinkemer & Nazim Ekinci, 1992. "Capital Account Liberalization : The Case of Turkey," Discussion Papers 9210, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Smith, R. Todd, 2002. "Temporary controls on capital inflows," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 327-351, August.
- Salgado, Maria José S. & Garcia, Márcio G. P. & Medeiros, Marcelo C., 2005.
"Monetary Policy During Brazil´s Real Plan: Estimating the Central Bank´s Reaction Function,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE,
FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 59(1), January.
- Maria José Salgado & Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2001. "Monetary policy during Brazil´s Real Plan: estimating the Central Bank´s reaction function," Textos para discussão 444, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Kenneth Kasa, 1999. "Time for a Tobin tax?," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue apr9.
- Angel Cabrera & Luis Felipe Lagos, 2000. "Monetary Policy in Chile: a black box?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 88, Central Bank of Chile.
- Akira Ariyoshi & Andrei A Kirilenko & Inci Ötker & Bernard J Laurens & Jorge I Canales Kriljenko & Karl F Habermeier, 2000. "Capital Controls; Country Experiences with Their Use and Liberalization," IMF Occasional Papers 190, International Monetary Fund.
- Sukru Binay & Ferhan Salman, 1998. "The Global Crisis and The Turkish Economy," Working Papers 9801, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1996. "A Tale of Two Crises: Chile and Mexico," NBER Working Papers 5794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jenny Corbett & David Vines, 1999. "Asian Currency and Financial Crises: Lessons from Vulnerability, Crisis and Collapse," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 155-177, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital Controls; Short Term Speculative Inflows; Tobin Tax; Private Sector Involvement;
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:cebare:v:5:y:2005:i:2:p:1-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or () or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tcmgvtr.html .