Labour Force Paths as Industry Linkages: A Perspective on Clusters and Industry Life Cycles
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2001.
"Must the Growth Rate Decline? Baumol's Unbalanced Growth Revisited,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 605-627, October.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2000. "Must the growth rate decline? Baumol's unbalanced growth revisited," Bank of England working papers 107, Bank of England.
- Carol Corrado & Charles Hulten & Daniel Sichel, 2005.
"Measuring Capital and Technology: An Expanded Framework,"
NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 11-46
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Corrado & Charles R. Hulten & Daniel E. Sichel, 2004. "Measuring capital and technology: an expanded framework," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-65, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Mika Maliranta & Jari Vainiomäki, 2001. "Linked Employer-Employee Data on Finnish Plants for the Analysis of Productivity, Wages and Turnover," Working Papers 0101, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Francesco Daveri & Olmo Silva, 2004. "Not only Nokia: what Finland tells us about new economy growth," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(38), pages 117-163, April.
- Anders Frederiksen & Niels Westergaard-Nielsen, 2002.
"Where did they go?,"
10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002
D3-2, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Frederiksen, Anders & Westergaard-Nielsen, Niels, 2002. "Where did they go ?," CLS Working Papers 01-11, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Centre for Labour Market and Social Research.
- Frederiksen, Anders & Westergård-Nielsen, Niels C., 2002. "Where Did They Go?," IZA Discussion Papers 414, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Edward Feser & Edward Bergman, 2000. "National Industry Cluster Templates: A Framework for Applied Regional Cluster Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-19.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- AMOS GOLAN & JULIA LANE & ERIKA McENTARFER, 2007.
"The Dynamics of Worker Reallocation within and across Industries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 1-20, February.
- Amos Golan & Julia I. Lane & Erika McEntarfer, 2005. "The Dynamics of Worker Reallocation Within and Across Industries," Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers 2005-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Neal, Derek, 1999. "The Complexity of Job Mobility among Young Men," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 237-261, April.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan, 2004.
"Technological change, organizational change, and job turnover,"
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 265-291, June.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan, 2002. "Technological Change, Organizational Change, and Job Turnover," IZA Discussion Papers 570, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Bender, Stefan, 2002. "Technological Change, Organizational Change, and Job Turnover," CEPR Discussion Papers 3534, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Deschryvere, Matthias, 2008. "High Growth Firms and Job Creation in Finland," Discussion Papers 1144, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Davis, Steven J. & Haltiwanger, John, 1999. "Gross job flows," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2711-2805 Elsevier.
- Maliranta, Mika & Nurmi, Satu, 2004. "Analyzing Entrepreneurship with the Finnish Linked Employer-Employee Data (FLEED).Matching and qualitative properties of the data," Discussion Papers 920, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frank Neffke & Martin Svensson Henning, 2009. "Skill-relatedness and firm diversification," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-06, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography, revised Oct 2010.
- Paolo Seri, 2014. "The knowledge impact of new decentralized universities: an empirical study on Italy," Working Papers 1402, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2014.
- Nikulainen, Tuomo & Kulvik, Martti, 2009. "How General Are General Purpose Technologies? Evidence from nano-, bio- and ICT-technologies in Finland," Discussion Papers 1208, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Nikulainen, Tuomo & Pajarinen, Mika, 2013. "Industry restructuring in the ICT sector – What does labor mobility tell us about skill relatedness and knowledge spillovers?," ETLA Working Papers 17, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Storz, Cornelia & Riboldazzi, Federico & John, Moritz, 2015. "Mobility and innovation: A cross-country comparison in the video games industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 121-137.
- Anne Otto & Rikard Eriksson & Martin Henning, 2015. "Industrial and geographical mobility of workers exiting the Swedish and West German shipbuilding industry 1970-2000," ERSA conference papers ersa15p958, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordsemployment transitions; industry clusters; industry life cycle;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-12-21 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2008-12-21 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-LAB-2008-12-21 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-NET-2008-12-21 (Network Economics)
- NEP-TID-2008-12-21 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:dpaper:1168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.