Economia della conoscenza,istituzioni e sviluppo economico
[Knowledge-based economy, institutions and economic development]
This paper outlines the main features of knowledge-based economy in which the dynamics of technology, fueled by the spread of scientific and technological knowledge, are at the center of development processes. All this leads to a qualitative transformation and evolution, but also quantitative, of the modern industrial economies. In this context, the role of institutions is certainly relevant, because the institutions, understood as rules of the game, but also the organizations play a crucial action in economic development and structural changes of economies. The essay will seek to highlight the conditions necessary to stimulate virtuous processes of development with reference also to our country, knowing that trying to define the framework conditions for economic development is, however, a task too ambitious.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, "undated".
"Economic Fundamentals of the Knowledge Society,"
02003, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, 2005. "Economic Fundamentals Of the Knowledge Society," Development and Comp Systems 0502008, EconWPA.
- Francesco Daveri & Olmo Silva, 2004. "Not only Nokia: what Finland tells us about new economy growth," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(38), pages 117-163, 04.
- David, Paul A., 1994. "Why are institutions the 'carriers of history'?: Path dependence and the evolution of conventions, organizations and institutions," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 205-220, December.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2003. "Teorie circolari e teorie verticali della dinamica economica strutturale: verso uno schema analitico di carattere generale," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0306, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)