Economia della Conoscenza, Dinamica Strutturale e Ruolo delle Istituzioni
The paper explores the main features of a knowledge-based economy, the connections between a knowledge-based economy and the dynamics in the structure of modern economies and the role of institutions in this context. The experiences of Tampere and Nokya (Finland) are considered as model of analysis. The analysis highlights the relevant role of scientific and technological information to engine economic growth in the long run and to transform the structure of modern economies. Moreover, institutions play an important role in providing stability in a context of incomplete and asymmetric information, in the creation and diffusion of new knowledge. Referring to Tampere and Nokia experiences, it is argued that the organizations created (scientific centres, research institutions and connections between firms and universities) are essential to promote knowledge-based economies.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://centridiricerca.unicatt.it/cranec_1800.html?type=Workingpapers
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David, Paul A., 1994. "Why are institutions the 'carriers of history'?: Path dependence and the evolution of conventions, organizations and institutions," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 205-220, December.
- Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, 2005.
"Economic Fundamentals Of the Knowledge Society,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Robin Cowan & Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, 1999.
"The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness,"
99027, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Cowan, Robin & David, Paul A & Foray, Dominique, 2000. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 211-53, June.
- Cowan Robin & David Paul & Foray Dominique, 1999. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Research Memorandum 025, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Daniele Schilirò, 2003. "Teorie circolari e teorie verticali della dinamica economica strutturale: verso uno schema analitico di carattere generale," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0306, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Francesco Daveri & Olmo Silva, . "Not Only Nokia," Working Papers 222, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crn:wpaper:crn0502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Valentini)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.