The relative importance of adolescent skills and behaviors for adult earnings: A cross-national study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Green, Francis & Machin, Stephen & Wilkinson, David, 1998. "The Meaning and Determinants of Skills Shortages," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(2), pages 165-187, May.
- Margo Coleman & Thomas DeLeire, 2003.
"An Economic Model of Locus of Control and the Human Capital Investment Decision,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(3).
- Thomas DeLeire & Margo Coleman, 2000. "An Economic Model of Locus of Control and the Human Capital Investment Decision," Working Papers 0019, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Kuhn, Peter J. & Weinberger, Catherine, 2002.
"Leadership Skills and Wages,"
IZA Discussion Papers
482, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kuhn, Peter & Weinberger, Catherine, 2003. "Leadership Skills and Wages," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt50q3c9n1, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Knapp, Martin & King, Derek & Healey, Andrew & Thomas, Cicely, 2011. "Economic outcomes in adulthood and their associations with antisocial conduct, attention deficit and anxiety problems in childhood," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38200, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cawley, John & Heckman, James & Vytlacil, Edward, 2001. "Three observations on wages and measured cognitive ability," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 419-442, September.
- Almlund, Mathilde & Duckworth, Angela Lee & Heckman, James & Kautz, Tim, 2011.
"Personality Psychology and Economics,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- Mathilde Almlund & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Tim D. Kautz, 2011. "Personality Psychology and Economics," NBER Working Papers 16822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Almlund, Mathilde & Duckworth, Angela Lee & Heckman, James J. & Kautz, Tim, 2011. "Personality Psychology and Economics," IZA Discussion Papers 5500, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goldsmith, Arthur H & Veum, Jonathan R & Darity, William, Jr, 1997. "The Impact of Psychological and Human Capital on Wages," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 815-829, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shelly Lundberg, 2013.
"The College Type: Personality and Educational Inequality,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 421-441.
- Lundberg, Shelly, 2013. "The College Type: Personality and Educational Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 7305, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Guerra, Nancy & Modecki, Kathryn & Cunningham, Wendy, 2014. "Developing social-emotional skills for the labor market : the PRACTICE model," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7123, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsadolescent skills; adolescent behaviors; adult earnings;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2012-07-08 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2012-07-08 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-07-08 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-07-08 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-NEU-2012-07-08 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qss:dqsswp:1203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bilal Nasim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dqioeuk.html .