Statistical Inference for Aggregation of Malmquist Productivity Indices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Meaningful environmental indices: a social choice approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 270-283, March.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- Anatoly Pilyavsky & Matthias Staat, 2008. "Efficiency and productivity change in Ukrainian health care," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 143-154, April.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Yaisawarng, Suthathip & Li, Sung Ko & Wang, Zhaoping, 1990. "Productivity growth in Illinois electric utilities," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 383-398, December.
- Ylvinger, Svante, 2000. "Industry performance and structural efficiency measures: Solutions to problems in firm models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 164-174, February.
- Abbott, Malcolm, 2006. "The productivity and efficiency of the Australian electricity supply industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 444-454, July.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2014.
"Scale efficiency and homotheticity: equivalence of primal and dual measures,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 15-24, August.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2013. "Scale Efficiency and Homotheticity: Equivalence of Primal and Dual Measures," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022013, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:277:y:2019:i:2:p:756-769 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Johnson & John Ruggiero, 2014. "Nonparametric measurement of productivity and efficiency in education," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 221(1), pages 197-210, October.
- Kneip, Alois & Simar, LÃ©opold & Wilson, Paul W., 2015. "When Bias Kills The Variance: Central Limit Theorems For Dea And Fdh Efficiency Scores," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(2), pages 394-422, April.
- Wang, H. & Ang, B.W. & Wang, Q.W. & Zhou, P., 2017. "Measuring energy performance with sectoral heterogeneity: A non-parametric frontier approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 70-78.
- Fare, Rolf & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2003. "On aggregate Farrell efficiencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 615-620, May.
- Ball, V. Eldon & Lovell, C.A. Knox & Luu, H. & Nehring, Richard F., 2004. "Incorporating Environmental Impacts in the Measurement of Agricultural Productivity Growth," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1-25, December.
- Mukherjee, Kankana & Ray, Subhash C. & Miller, Stephen M., 2001. "Productivity growth in large US commercial banks: The initial post-deregulation experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 913-939, May.
- Simone Gitto & Paolo Mancuso, 2015. "The contribution of physical and human capital accumulation to Italian regional growth: a nonparametric perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 1-12, February.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:269:y:2018:i:3:p:1013-1026 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. C. Geary, 1950. "A Note on "A Constant-Utility Index of the Cost of Living"," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 65-66.
- Léopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Improving Finite Sample Approximation by Central Limit Theorems for DEA and FDH efficiency scores," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2006. "Aggregation of Malmquist productivity indexes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 1076-1086, October.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:276:y:2019:i:3:p:1170-1177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tortosa-Ausina, Emili & Grifell-Tatje, Emili & Armero, Carmen & Conesa, David, 2008.
"Sensitivity analysis of efficiency and Malmquist productivity indices: An application to Spanish savings banks,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 184(3), pages 1062-1084, February.
- Emili Tortosa Ausina, 2002. "Sensitivity Analysis Of Efficiency And Malmquist Productivity Indices: An Application To Spanish Savings Banks," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-30, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Chen, Yao & Iqbal Ali, Agha, 2004. "DEA Malmquist productivity measure: New insights with an application to computer industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 239-249, November.
- Pastor, JoseManuel & Perez, Francisco & Quesada, Javier, 1997.
"Efficiency analysis in banking firms: An international comparison,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 395-407, April.
- Francisco Pérez García & Javier Quesada Ibañez & José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez, 1995. "Efficiency Analysis In Banking Firms: An International Comparison," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Olesen, Ole B. & Petersen, Niels Christian, 2016. "Stochastic Data Envelopment Analysis—A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(1), pages 2-21.
- Beattie, Bruce R. & Aradhyula, Satheesh, 2015. "A Note On Threshold Factor Level(S) And Stone-Geary Technology," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 482-493, November.
- Thijs Raa, 2011. "Benchmarking and industry performance," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 285-292, December.
- Luis R. Murillo-Zamorano, 2005. "The Role of Energy in Productivity Growth: A Controversial Issue?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 69-88.
- Brennan, Shae & Haelermans, Carla & Ruggiero, John, 2014. "Nonparametric estimation of education productivity incorporating nondiscretionary inputs with an application to Dutch schools," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 809-818.
- repec:taf:jnlbes:v:34:y:2016:i:3:p:435-456 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsaggregation; asymptotics; DEA; hypothesis test; inference; Malmquist index; productivity;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uqcepa:138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.