Measuring energy performance with sectoral heterogeneity: A non-parametric frontier approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Filippini, Massimo & Hunt, Lester C., 2012.
"US residential energy demand and energy efficiency: A stochastic demand frontier approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1484-1491.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C Hunt, 2010. "US Residential Energy Demand and Energy Efficiency: A Stochastic Demand Frontier Approach," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 130, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester Hunt, 2012. "US Residential Energy Demand and Energy Efficiency: A Stochastic Demand Frontier Approach," CEPE Working paper series 12-83, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Filippini, Massimo & Hunt, Lester C., 2015.
"Measurement of energy efficiency based on economic foundations,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(S1), pages 5-16.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester Hunt, 2015. "Measurement of Energy Efficiency Based on Economic Foundations," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 15/216, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W., 2008. "Linear programming models for measuring economy-wide energy efficiency performance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2901-2906, August.
- Chen, Chien-Ming, 2013. "A critique of non-parametric efficiency analysis in energy economics studies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 146-152.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Zhou, D.Q., 2012. "Measuring economy-wide energy efficiency performance: A parametric frontier approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 196-200.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Han, J.Y., 2010. "Total factor carbon emission performance: A Malmquist index analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 194-201, January.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2006. "Aggregation of Malmquist productivity indexes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 1076-1086, October.
- Ma, Chunbo, 2014. "A multi-fuel, multi-sector and multi-region approach to index decomposition: An application to China's energy consumption 1995–2010," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 9-16.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Wang, Shih-Chuan, 2006. "Total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3206-3217, November.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2013. "Technology gap and China's regional energy efficiency: A parametric metafrontier approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 529-536.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Ma, Chunbo & Zhao, Xiaoli, 2015. "China's electricity market restructuring and technology mandates: Plant-level evidence for changing operational efficiency," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 227-237.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Poh, K.L., 2008. "Measuring environmental performance under different environmental DEA technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Ang, B. W., 2004. "Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy:: which is the preferred method?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1131-1139, June.
- Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Hernandez-Sancho, F., 2004. "Environmental performance: an index number approach," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 343-352, December.
- Riccardi, R. & Oggioni, G. & Toninelli, R., 2012. "Efficiency analysis of world cement industry in presence of undesirable output: Application of data envelopment analysis and directional distance function," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 140-152.
- Ang, B.W. & Mu, A.R. & Zhou, P., 2010. "Accounting frameworks for tracking energy efficiency trends," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1209-1219, September.
- Wu, F. & Fan, L.W. & Zhou, P. & Zhou, D.Q., 2012. "Industrial energy efficiency with CO2 emissions in China: A nonparametric analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 164-172.
- Färe, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Pasurka, Carl Jr., 2010. "Toxic releases: An environmental performance index for coal-fired power plants," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 158-165, January.
- Molinos-Senante, María & Hernández-Sancho, Francesc & Mocholí-Arce, Manuel & Sala-Garrido, Ramón, 2014. "Economic and environmental performance of wastewater treatment plants: Potential reductions in greenhouse gases emissions," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 125-140.
- Färe, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Pasurka, Carl A., 2014. "Potential gains from trading bad outputs: The case of U.S. electric power plants," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 99-112.
- Wang, H., 2015. "A generalized MCDA–DEA (multi-criterion decision analysis–data envelopment analysis) approach to construct slacks-based composite indicator," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 114-122.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Joanne Evans & Massimo Filippini & Lester C. Hunt, 2013. "The contribution of energy efficiency towards meeting CO2 targets," Chapters,in: Handbook on Energy and Climate Change, chapter 8, pages 175-223 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fang, Chin-Yi & Hu, Jin-Li & Lou, Tze-Kai, 2013. "Environment-adjusted total-factor energy efficiency of Taiwan's service sectors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1160-1168.
- Wang, H. & Zhou, P. & Zhou, D.Q., 2013. "Scenario-based energy efficiency and productivity in China: A non-radial directional distance function analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 795-803.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Wang, H., 2012. "Energy and CO2 emission performance in electricity generation: A non-radial directional distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(3), pages 625-635.
- Wang, Chunhua, 2011. "Sources of energy productivity growth and its distribution dynamics in China," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 279-292, January.
- Wang, H. & Zhou, P. & Wang, Qunwei, 2016. "Constructing slacks-based composite indicator of sustainable energy development for China: A meta-frontier nonparametric approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 218-228.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:181-190 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1384-:d:107136 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy performance; Sectoral heterogeneity; Index number; Non-parametric frontier approach;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- O44 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Environment and Growth
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:70-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.