Aggregation of Malmquist Productivity Indexes
In this paper we extend the work of Färe and Zelenyuk (2003) to find a theoretically justified method of aggregating Malmquist Productivity Indexes over individual decision making units (firms, countries, etc.) into a group Malmquist Productivity Index. We also consider the aggregation of decomposed parts of the Malmquist Productivity Index to obtain a decomposition of the Malmquist Productivity Index for a particular group.
|Date of creation:||May 2005|
|Publication status:||Published in European Journal of Operational Research 174.2(2006): pp. 1076-1086|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Blackorby & R. Russell, 1999. "Aggregation of Efficiency Indices," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 5-20, August.
- Rolf Fare & Shawna Grosskopf & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008. "Aggregation of Nerlovian profit indicator," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(11), pages 845-847.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2015.
"Aggregation of scale efficiency,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 269-277.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2012. "Aggregation of Scale Efficiency," CEPA Working Papers Series WP042012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Fare, Rolf & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2003. "On aggregate Farrell efficiencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 615-620, May.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 1999. "Estimating and bootstrapping Malmquist indices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 459-471, June.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1996. "Estimating and bootstrapping malmquist indices," CORE Discussion Papers 1996060, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Cherchye, Laurens & Sipilainen, Timo, 2006. "The law of one price in data envelopment analysis: Restricting weight flexibility across firms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(3), pages 735-757, May.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Laurens Cherchye & Timo Sipiläinen, 2003. "The Law of One Price in Data Envelopment Analysis: Restricting Weight Flexibility Across Firms," Microeconomics 0312006, EconWPA, revised 18 Dec 2003.
- Robert Russell, R., 1990. "Continuity of measures of technical efficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 255-267, August.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Oulton,Nicholas & O'Mahony,Mary, 1994. "Productivity and Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521453455, December.
- Léopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007. "Statistical inference for aggregates of Farrell-type efficiencies," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1367-1394. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.