Aggregation of Scale Elasticities Across Firms
In this paper we propose new aggregate or ‘group’ primal and dual scale elasticity measures of an economic system (e.g., industry consisting of several firms, etc.). The main contribution of the paper is that we show under what assumptions a formal relationship between these new aggregate scale elasticity measures and the individual scale elasticities can be established. The derivations are based on the principles of economic optimization, and in particular on the duality theory of Shephard (1953) and the aggregation theory of Koopmans (1957).
|Date of creation:||15 Apr 2004|
|Date of revision:||11 Jan 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fare, Rolf & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2007. "Extending Fare and Zelenyuk (2003)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(2), pages 594-595, June.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2015.
"Aggregation of scale efficiency,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 269-277.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2012. "Aggregation of Scale Efficiency," CEPA Working Papers Series WP042012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Vladimir Nesterenko & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007. "Measuring potential gains from reallocation of resources," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 107-116, October.
- Fare, Rolf & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2003. "On aggregate Farrell efficiencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 615-620, May.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2011. "Aggregation of economic growth rates and of its sources," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 190-198, July.
- Valentin Zelenyuk, 2010. "Aggregation of Economic Growth Rates and of its Sources," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032010, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Cherchye, Laurens & Sipilainen, Timo, 2006. "The law of one price in data envelopment analysis: Restricting weight flexibility across firms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(3), pages 735-757, May.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Laurens Cherchye & Timo Sipiläinen, 2003. "The Law of One Price in Data Envelopment Analysis: Restricting Weight Flexibility Across Firms," Microeconomics 0312006, EconWPA, revised 18 Dec 2003.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2006. "Aggregation of Malmquist productivity indexes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 1076-1086, October.
- Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2005. "Aggregation of Malmquist Productivity Indexes," MPRA Paper 34689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Léopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007. "Statistical inference for aggregates of Farrell-type efficiencies," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1367-1394. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28055. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.