China's electricity market restructuring and technology mandates: Plant-level evidence for changing operational efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Du, Limin & Mao, Jie & Shi, Jinchuan, 2009. "Assessing the impact of regulatory reforms on China's electricity generation industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 712-720, February.
- Yang, Hongliang & Pollitt, Michael, 2009.
"Incorporating both undesirable outputs and uncontrollable variables into DEA: The performance of Chinese coal-fired power plants,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 197(3), pages 1095-1105, September.
- Yang, H. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incorporating Both Undesirable Outputs and Uncontrollable Variables into DEA: the Performance of Chinese Coal-Fired Power Plants," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0733, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hongliang Yang & Michael Pollitt, 2007. "Incorporating both Undesirable Outputs and Uncontrollable Variables into DEA: the performance of Chinese Coal-Fired Power Plants," Working Papers EPRG 0712, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Reifschneider, David & Stevenson, Rodney, 1991. "Systematic Departures from the Frontier: A Framework for the Analysis of Firm Inefficiency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 715-723, August.
- Joskow, Paul L & Schmalensee, Richard, 1987.
"The Performance of Coal-Burning Electric Generating Units in the United States: 1960-1980,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 85-109, April.
- Paul L. Joskow & Richard Schmalensee, 1985. "The Performance of Coal-Burning Electric Generating Units in the United States: 1960-1980," Working papers 379, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hang Gao & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2014.
"Effects of Deregulation and Vertical Unbundling on the Performance of China's Electricity Generation Sector,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 41-76, March.
- Gao, Hang & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2011. "Effects of Deregulation and Vertical Unbundling on the Performance of China's Electricity Generation Sector," CEPR Discussion Papers 8695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hang GAO & Jo VAN BIESEBROECK, 2011. "Effects of deregulation and vertical unbundling on the performance of China's electricity generation sector," Working Papers Department of Economics ces11.30, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Hughes, Andrew & Yaisawarng, Suthathip, 2004. "Sensitivity and dimensionality tests of DEA efficiency scores," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 410-422, April.
- Du, Limin & He, Yanan & Yan, Jianye, 2013. "The effects of electricity reforms on productivity and efficiency of China's fossil-fired power plants: An empirical analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 804-812.
- Michael Maloney, 2001. "Economies and Diseconomies: Estimating Electricity Cost Functions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(2), pages 165-180, September.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Ma, Chunbo & He, Lining, 2008. "From state monopoly to renewable portfolio: Restructuring China's electric utility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1697-1711, May.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jing Cao & Richard Garbaccio & Mun S. Ho, 2009. "China's 11th Five-Year Plan and the Environment: Reducing SO 2 Emissions," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(2), pages 231-250, Summer.
- L. Dean Hiebert, 2002. "The Determinants of the Cost Efficiency of Electric Generating Plants: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 935-946, April.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Pun-Lee Lam & Alice Shiu, 2004. "Efficiency and Productivity of China's Thermal Power Generation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(1), pages 73-93, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, HuiHui & Zhang, ZhongXiang & Chen, ZhanMing & Dou, DeSheng, 2018.
"The Impact of China’s Electricity Deregulation on Coal and Power Industries: Two-stage Game Modeling Approach,"
ET: Economic Theory
273367, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- HuiHui Liu & ZhongXiang Zhang & ZhanMing Chen & DeSheng Dou, 2018. "The Impact of China’s Electricity Deregulation on Coal and Power Industries: Two-stage Game Modeling Approach," Working Papers 2018.17, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- HuiHui Liu & ZhongXiang Zhang & ZhanMing Chen & DeSheng Dou, 2018. "The impact of China’s electricity deregulation on coal and power industries: Two-stage game modeling approach," CCEP Working Papers 1804, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Zeng, Ming & Yang, Yongqi & Wang, Lihua & Sun, Jinghui, 2016. "The power industry reform in China 2015: Policies, evaluations and solutions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 94-110.
- Ke Wang & Jieming Zhang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2017. "Operational and environmental performance in China¡¯s thermal power industry: Taking an effectiveness measure as complement to an efficiency measure," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 100, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:144:y:2019:i:c:p:129-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flavio Menezes & Xuemei Zhang, 2016. "Regulatory Incentives for a Low-Carbon Electricity Sector in China," Discussion Papers Series 562, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ke Wang & Zhifu Mi & Yi‐Ming Wei, 2019.
"Will Pollution Taxes Improve Joint Ecological and Economic Efficiency of Thermal Power Industry in China?: A DEA‐Based Materials Balance Approach,"
Journal of Industrial Ecology,
Yale University, vol. 23(2), pages 389-401, April.
- Ke Wang & Zhifu Mi & Yi-Ming Wei, 2018. "Will pollution taxes improve joint ecological and economic efficiency of thermal power industry in China? A DEA based materials balance approach," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 114, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Huiru Zhao & Yuwei Wang & Sen Guo & Mingrui Zhao & Chao Zhang, 2016. "Application of a Gradient Descent Continuous Actor-Critic Algorithm for Double-Side Day-Ahead Electricity Market Modeling," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-20, September.
- repec:eee:appene:v:242:y:2019:i:c:p:994-1009 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, H. & Ang, B.W. & Wang, Q.W. & Zhou, P., 2017. "Measuring energy performance with sectoral heterogeneity: A non-parametric frontier approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 70-78.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:95:y:2018:i:c:p:242-253 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:330-342 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency; Deregulation; Electricity; China; Technology mandate;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:47:y:2015:i:c:p:227-237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.