Action economics? working with citizen groups in Revelstoke, BC to evaluate the impact of a living wage
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Neumark & Matthew Thompson & Leslie Koyle, 2012.
"The effects of living wage laws on low-wage workers and low-income families: What do we know now?,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-34, December.
- Neumark, David & Thompson, Matthew & Koyle, Leslie, 2012. "The Effects of Living Wage Laws on Low-Wage Workers and Low-Income Families: What Do We Know Now?," IZA Discussion Papers 7114, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- J. C. Herbert Emery & Clint Levitt, 2002. "Cost of living, real wages and real incomes in thirteen Canadian cities, 1900-1950," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 115-137, February.
- Scott Adams & David Neumark, 2005. "Living Wage Effects: New and Improved Evidence," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 19(1), pages 80-102, February.
- David A. Green, 2014.
"What Is a Minimum Wage For? Empirical Results and Theories of Justice,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 40(4), pages 293-314, December.
- David A. Green, 2014. "What is a minimum wage for? Empirical results and theories of justice," IFS Working Papers W14/24, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Mark Partridge & Dan Rickman, 2010.
"Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Modelling for Regional Economic Development Analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1311-1328.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2007. "CGE Modeling for Regional Economic Development Analysis," Economics Working Paper Series 0706, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Lester C. Thurow, 1971. "The Income Distribution as a Pure Public Good," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(2), pages 327-336.
- Stuart C. CARR & Jane PARKER & James ARROWSMITH & Paul A. WATTERS, 2016. "The living wage: Theoretical integration and an applied research agenda," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 155(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Clara Xiaoling Chen & Tatiana Sandino, 2012. "Can Wages Buy Honesty? The Relationship Between Relative Wages and Employee Theft," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 967-1000, September.
- David Neumark & Matthew Thompson & Francesco Brindisi & Leslie Koyle & Clayton Reck, 2013. "Simulating the Economic Impacts of Living Wage Mandates Using New Public and Administrative Data," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 27(4), pages 271-283, November.
- James Buss & Arthur Romeo, 2006. "The changing employment situation in some cities with living wage ordinances," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(3), pages 349-367.
- Patrick Coe & J.C. Herbert Emery, 2004. "The disintegrating Canadian labour market? The extent of the market then and now," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 879-897, November.
- Robert Pollin & Mark Brenner, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Santa Monica Living Wage Proposal," Research Reports rr2, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Dean Jolliffe, 2006. "Poverty, Prices, and Place: How Sensitive is the Spatial Distribution of Poverty to Cost of Living Adjustments?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(2), pages 296-310, April.
- Sébastien Houde, 2014. "How Consumers Respond to Environmental Certification and the Value of Energy Information," NBER Working Papers 20019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Suzanne Clain, 2008. "How Living Wage Legislation Affects U.S. Poverty Rates," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 205-218, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAction research; living wage; community engaged research; poverty reduction; regional economic development;
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- R29 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LMA-2019-11-11 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96740. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.