Managing the Impact of Employee Turnover on Performance: The Role of Process Conformance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James G. March, 1991. "Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Taylor, William E, 1981.
"Panel Data and Unobservable Individual Effects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1377-1398, November.
- Paul S. Adler & Barbara Goldoftas & David I. Levine, 1999. "Flexibility Versus Efficiency? A Case Study of Model Changeovers in the Toyota Production System," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 43-68, February.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Sidney G. Winter & Gabriel Szulanski, 2001. "Replication as Strategy," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(6), pages 730-743, December.
- Eitan Naveh & Miriam Erez, 2004. "Innovation and Attention to Detail in the Quality Improvement Paradigm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1576-1586, November.
- Kathleen Carley, 1992. "Organizational Learning and Personnel Turnover," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 20-46, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Devicienti, Francesco & Manello, Alessandro & Vannoni, Davide, 2017.
"Technical efficiency, unions and decentralized labor contracts,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 260(3), pages 1129-1141.
- Devicienti, Francesco & Manello, Alessandro & Vannoni, Davide, 2016. "Technical Efficiency, Unions and Decentralized Labor Contracts," IZA Discussion Papers 10292, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:95:y:2019:i:c:p:26-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frédéric C. Godart & Andrew V. Shipilov & Kim Claes, 2014. "Making the Most of the Revolving Door: The Impact of Outward Personnel Mobility Networks on Organizational Creativity," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(2), pages 377-400, April.
- John P. Hausknecht & Jacob A. Holwerda, 2013. "When Does Employee Turnover Matter? Dynamic Member Configurations, Productive Capacity, and Collective Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(1), pages 210-225, February.
- Stacy H. Lee & Jung Ha-Brookshire, 2017. "Ethical Climate and Job Attitude in Fashion Retail Employees’ Turnover Intention, and Perceived Organizational Sustainability Performance: A Cross-Sectional Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-19, March.
- Argote, Linda & Fahrenkopf, Erin, 2016. "Knowledge transfer in organizations: The roles of members, tasks, tools, and networks," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 146-159.
- Saravanan Kesavan & Bradley R. Staats & Wendell Gilland, 2014. "Volume Flexibility in Services: The Costs and Benefits of Flexible Labor Resources," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(8), pages 1884-1906, August.
- Gopesh Anand & John Gray & Enno Siemsen, 2012. "Decay, Shock, and Renewal: Operational Routines and Process Entropy in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(6), pages 1700-1716, December.
- Allen, Mathew R. & Adomdza, Gordon K. & Meyer, Marc H., 2015. "Managing for innovation: Managerial control and employee level outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 371-379.
- Youngsoo Kim & Ramayya Krishnan & Linda Argote, 2012. "The Learning Curve of IT Knowledge Workers in a Computing Call Center," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(3-part-2), pages 887-902, September.
- John V. Gray & Enno Siemsen & Gurneeta Vasudeva, 2015. "Colocation Still Matters: Conformance Quality and the Interdependence of R&D and Manufacturing in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(11), pages 2760-2781, November.
- Yaa Akosa Antwi & John R. Bowblis, 2018.
"The Impact of Nurse Turnover on Quality of Care and Mortality in Nursing Homes: Evidence from the Great Recession,"
American Journal of Health Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2), pages 131-163, Spring.
- Yaa Akosa Antwi & John R. Bowblis, 2016. "The Impact of Nurse Turnover on Quality of Care and Mortality in Nursing Homes: Evidence from the Great Recession," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 16-249, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Tat Y. Chan & Jia Li & Lamar Pierce, 2014. "Learning from Peers: Knowledge Transfer and Sales Force Productivity Growth," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(4), pages 463-484, July.
- Mohammad Iranmanesh & Suhaiza Zailani & Soroush Moeinzadeh & Davoud Nikbin, 2017. "Effect of green innovation on job satisfaction of electronic and electrical manufacturers’ employees through job intensity: personal innovativeness as moderator," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 299-313, March.
- Linda Argote & Ella Miron-Spektor, 2011. "Organizational Learning: From Experience to Knowledge," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(5), pages 1123-1137, October.
- Christina Fang & Jeho Lee & Melissa A. Schilling, 2010. "Balancing Exploration and Exploitation Through Structural Design: The Isolation of Subgroups and Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 625-642, June.
- Carolyn D. Egelman & Dennis Epple & Linda Argote & Erica R. H. Fuchs, 2017. "Learning by Doing in Multiproduct Manufacturing: Variety, Customizations, and Overlapping Product Generations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 63(2), pages 405-423, February.
- Carolyn D. Egelman & Dennis Epple & Linda Argote & Erica R.H. Fuchs, 2013. "Learning by Doing in a Multi-Product Manufacturing Environment: Product Variety, Customizations, and Overlapping Product Generations," NBER Working Papers 19674, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:8:y:2018:i:3:p:163-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jake G. Messersmith & Jeong-Yeon Lee & James P. Guthrie & Yong-Yeon Ji, 2014. "Turnover at the Top: Executive Team Departures and Firm Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 776-793, June.
- David G. McKendrick & James B. Wade & Jonathan Jaffee, 2009. "A Good Riddance? Spin-Offs and the Technological Performance of Parent Firms," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 979-992, December.
- Edward G. Anderson & Kyle Lewis, 2014. "A Dynamic Model of Individual and Collective Learning Amid Disruption," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(2), pages 356-376, April.
- Alexander Bolton & John M. de Figueiredo & David E. Lewis, 2016. "Elections, Ideology, and Turnover in the U.S. Federal Government," NBER Working Papers 22932, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsemployee turnover; process management; knowledge exploitation; retail operations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:19:y:2008:i:1:p:56-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.