What Affects General Trust? A Perspective from Institutional Economics and Empirical Evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- Alesina, Alberto & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2002. "Who trusts others?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 207-234, August.
- Luisa Blanco & Isabel Ruiz, 2013. "The Impact of Crime and Insecurity on Trust in Democracy and Institutions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 284-288, May.
- Elsner, Wolfram & Heinrich, Torsten & Schwardt, Henning, 2014. "The Microeconomics of Complex Economies," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780124115859.
- Peiró-Palomino, Jesús & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2013.
"Can trust effects on development be generalized? A response by quantile,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 377-390.
- Jesús Peiró-Palomino & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2012. "Can trust effects on development be generalized? A response by quantile," Working Papers 2012/16, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Peiró Palomino Jesús & Tortosa-Ausina Emili, 2013. "Can Trust Effects on Development be Generalized? A Response by Quantile," Working Papers 2013128, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Iris Bohnet & Steffen Huck, 2004.
"Repetition and Reputation: Implications for Trust and Trustworthiness When Institutions Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 362-366, May.
- Iris Bohnet & Steffen Huck, 2004. "Repetition and Reputation: Implications for Trust and Trustworthiness When Institutions Change," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-09, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc, 2010. "Inherited Trust and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2060-2092, December.
- Wolfram Elsner & Henning Schwardt, 2015. "From Emergent Cooperation to Contextual Trust, and to General Trust: Overlapping Meso-Sized Interaction Arenas and Cooperation Platforms as a Foundation of Pro-Social Behavior," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 69-86, April.
- Elsner, Wolfram & Schwardt, Henning, 2014. "Trust and arena size: expectations, institutions, and general trust, and critical population and group sizes," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 107-134, March.
- Daniele, Gianmarco & Geys, Benny, 2015. "Interpersonal trust and welfare state support," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-12.
More about this item
Keywordsgeneral trust; trust in strangers; original institutional economics; fairness; morality; opinion; public security; leisure time;
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2017-07-02 (China)
- NEP-HME-2017-07-02 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-SOC-2017-07-02 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2017-07-02 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:79948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .