The size and effects of emigration and remittances in the Western-Balkans: Forecasting based on a Delphi process
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Petreski Marjan & Petreski Blagica & Tumanoska Despina & Narazani Edlira & Kazazi Fatush & Ognjanov Galjina & Jankovic Irena & Mustafa Arben & Kochovska Tereza, 2017. "The Size and Effects of Emigration and Remittances in the Western Balkans. A Forecasting Based on a Delphi Process," Südosteuropa. Journal of Politics and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 65(4), pages 679-695, December.
- Marjan Petreski & Blagica Petreski & Despina Tumanoska & Edlira Narazani & Fatush Kazazi & Galjina Ognjanov & Irena Jankovic & Arben Mustafa & Tereza Kochovska, 2016. "The size and effects of emigration and remittances in the Western-Balkans: Forecasting based on a Delphi process," Finance Think Policy Studies 2016-12/6, Finance Think - Economic Research and Policy Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Valero-Gil, Jorge, 2008. "Remittances and the household’s expenditures on health," MPRA Paper 9572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- GHERBOVEŢ, Sergiu, 2014. "Remittance. Forecasting Methodology And Instruments," Journal of Financial and Monetary Economics, Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 1(1), pages 163-167.
- Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John, 2005. "Do international migration and remittances reduce poverty in developing countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1645-1669, October.
- World Bank, 2009. "Global Development Finance 2009 : Charting a Global Recovery, Volume 1. Review, Analysis, and Outlook," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8127, July.
- World Bank, 2005. "Global Economic Prospects 2006 : Economic Implications of Remittances and Migration," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7306, July.
- Rolando Avendano & Norbert Gaillard & Sebastián Nieto-Parra, 2011.
"Are working remittances relevant for credit rating agencies?,"
- Rolando Avendano & Norbert Gaillard & Sebastián Nieto Parra, 2011. "Are working remittances relevant for credit rating agencies," Post-Print halshs-01510364, HAL.
- Adams Jr., Richard H., 2009. "The Determinants of International Remittances in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 93-103, January.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paternò, Francesco, 2009.
"Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1821-1838, December.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paterno, Francesco, 2005. "Do workers'remittances reduce the probability of current account reversals ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3766, The World Bank.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Francesco Paternò, 2006. "Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0714, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paterno, Francesco, 2006. "Do workers' remittances reduce the probability of current account reversals?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19872, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- David J. McKenzie & Nicole Hildebrandt, 2005.
"The Effects of Migration on Child Health in Mexico,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2005), pages 257-289, August.
- Hildebrandt, Nicole & McKenzie, David, 2005. "The effects of migration on child health in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3573, The World Bank.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2011.
"New evidence on the role of remittances on healthcare expenditures by Mexican households,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 69-98, March.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2009. "New Evidence on the Role of Remittances on Health Care Expenditures by Mexican Households," IZA Discussion Papers 4617, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fertig, Michael & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2000. "Aggregate-Level Migration Studies as a Tool for Forecasting Future Migration Streams," IZA Discussion Papers 183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Herbert Brücker & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2006.
"On the estimation and forecasting of international migration: how relevant is heterogeneity across countries?,"
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 735-754, September.
- Brücker, Herbert & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2005. "On the Estimation and Forecasting of International Migration: How Relevant Is Heterogeneity Across Countries?," IZA Discussion Papers 1710, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Qayyum, Abdul & Javid, Muhammad & Arif, Umaima, 2008. "Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Poverty: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 22941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hakim, Simon & Weinblatt, J., 1993. "The Delphi process as a tool for decision making : The case of vocational training of people with handicaps," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 25-38.
- Norman Dalkey & Olaf Helmer, 1963. "An Experimental Application of the DELPHI Method to the Use of Experts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 458-467, April.
- World Bank, 2009. "Global Development Finance 2009 : Charting a Global Recovery, Volume 2. Summary and Country Tables," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8128, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsremittances; emigration; forecasting; Delphi;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:75512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .