Eastern Enlargement and EU-Labour-Markets: Perceptions, Challenges and Opportunities
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yordan Kalchev, & Valentin Goev & Vesselin Mintchev & Venelin Boshnakov, 2004. "External Migration from Bulgaria at the Beginning of the XXI Century: Estimates of Potential Emigrants’ Attitudes and Profile," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 7, pages 137-161.
- Seppo Kari & Jouko Ylä-Liedenpohja, 2004.
"Cost of Capital for Cross-Border Investment: The Fallacy of Estonia as a Tax Haven,"
Baltic Journal of Economics,
Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 5(1), pages 28-43, December.
- Kari, Seppo & Ylä-Liedenpohja, Jouko, 2005. "Cost of Capital for Cross-border Investment: The Fallacy of Estonia as a Tax Haven," Discussion Papers 367, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Khrystyna FOGEL, 2015. "The multistage nature of labour migration from Eastern and Central Europe (experience of Ukraine, Poland, United Kingdom and Germany during the 2002-2011 period)," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 6, pages 55-81, December.
- Joanne Evans & Eleftherios Goulas & Paul Levine, 2007. "Military Expenditure And Migration In Europe," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 305-316.
- Kristi Anniste & Tiit Tammaru & Enel Pungas & Tiiu Paas, 2012. "Dynamics of Educational Differences in Emigration from Estonia to the Old EU Member States," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012017, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Thiess Buettner & Johannes Rincke, 2007.
"Labor Market Effects of Economic Integration: The Impact of Re-Unification in German Border Regions,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 536-560, November.
- Thiess Büttner & Johannes Rincke, 2004. "Labor Market Effects of Economic Integration - The Impact of Re-Unification in German Border Regions," CESifo Working Paper Series 1179, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stepán Jurajda & Katherine Terrell, 2009.
"Regional unemployment and human capital in transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(2), pages 241-274, April.
- Jurajda, Stepan & Terrell, Katherine, 2007. "Regional Unemployment and Human Capital in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 6569, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stepan Jurajda & Katherine Terrell, 2007. "Regional Unemployment and Human Capital in Transition Economies," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp345, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Jurajda, Štepán & Terrell, Katherine, 2007. "Regional Unemployment and Human Capital in Transition Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 3176, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kristi Anniste & Tiit Tammaru & Enel Pungas & Tiiu Paas, 2012. "Emigration After Eu Enlargement: Was There A Brain Drain Effect In The Case Of Estonia?," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 87, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Ondřej Glazar & Wadim Strielkowski, 2010.
"Turkey and the European Union: Possible Incidence of the EU Accession on Migration Flows,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 218-235.
- Ondřej Glazar & Wadim Strielkowski, 2009. "Turkey and the European Union: possible incidence of the EU accession on migration flows," Working Papers IES 2009/15, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2009.
- Fries, Jan, 2014. "Age and skill bias of trade liberalisation? Heterogeneous employment effects of EU Eastern Enlargement," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-113, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Fertig, Michael, 2003. "The Impact of Economic Integration on Employment - An Assessment in the Context of EU-Enlargement," RWI Discussion Papers 7, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Camilla Jensen, 2004. "Formal Integration: FDI and trade in Europe," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 5(1), pages 5-27, December.
- Raul Eamets & Epp Kalaste, 2004. "The Lack of Wage Setting Power of Estonian Trade Unions?," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 5(1), pages 44-60, December.
- Yordan Kalchev & Valentin Goev & Vesselin Mintchev & Venelin Boshnakov, 2004. "Bulgarian Emigration in the Beginning of ÕÕI Century: an Assessment of Attitudes and the Profile of Potential Emigrants," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 5, pages 3-30.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:39:i:1:p:143-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boeri, Tito, 2006. "Eastern enlargement, migration and Euro adoption," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 39(1), pages 143-148.
- Michael Fertig, 2003. "The Impact of Economic Integration on Employment – An Assessment in the Context of EU-Enlargement," RWI Discussion Papers 0007, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Ramon Pacheco Pardo, 2012. "Leadership, decision-making and governance in the EU and East Asia: crisis and post-crisis," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 77-90, March.
- Etienne Wasmer & Peter Fredriksson & Ana Lamo & Julian Messina & Giovanni Peri, 2005. "The Macroeconomics of Education," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9064, Sciences Po.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0007 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/9064 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Janiak, 2008. "Mobility in Europe - Why it is low, the bottlenecks, and the policy solutions," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 340, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration; trade; transition; EU enlargement;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2001-02-08 (International Finance)
- NEP-LAB-2001-02-08 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.