Low Level Equilibrium Trap, Unemployment, School Quality, Child Labour and Human Capital Formation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ranjan Ray, 2002.
"The Determinants of Child Labour and Child Schooling in Ghana,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(4), pages 561-590, December.
- Ray, R., 2000. "The Determinants of Child Labour and Child Schooling in Ghana," Papers 2000-5, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Bidisha Chakraborty & Kamalika Chakraborty, 2014. "Child Labour, human capital formation and size of landholding: short run and long run analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 2024-2037.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2000.
"The Intriguing Relation between Adult Minimum Wage and Child Labour,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 50-61, March.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1999. "The intriguing relation between adult minimum wage and child labor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2173, The World Bank.
- Donald R. Davis & Trevor A. Reeve, 1997.
"Human Capital, Unemployment, and Relative Wages in a Global Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
6133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald R. Davis & Trevor A. Reeve, 1997. "Human Capital, Unemployment and Relative Wages in a Global Economy," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1804, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Donald R. Davis & Trevor A. Reeve, 2000. "Human capital, unemployment, and relative wages in a global economy," International Finance Discussion Papers 659, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1998. "Increasing returns, human capital, and the Kuznets curve," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 353-367, April.
- Philip Oreopoulos & Marianne E. Page & Ann Huff Stevens, 2003. "Does Human Capital Transfer from Parent to Child? The Intergenerational Effects of Compulsory Schooling," NBER Working Papers 10164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dellas, Harris, 1997. "Unemployment insurance benefits and human capital accumulation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 517-524, April.
- Fabre, Alice & Pallage, Stéphane, 2015.
"Child labor, idiosyncratic shocks, and social policy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 394-411.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2011. "Child Labor, Idiosyncratic Shocks, and Social Policy," Cahiers de recherche 1115, CIRPEE.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2015. "Child Labor, idiosyncratic shocks, and social policy," Post-Print hal-01456112, HAL.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2013. "Child Labor, Idiosyncratic Shocks, and Social Policy," AMSE Working Papers 1358, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised 05 Nov 2013.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2013. "Child Labor, Idiosyncratic Shocks, and Social Policy," Working Papers halshs-00913666, HAL.
- C. Simon Fan, 2004. "Relative wage, child labor, and human capital," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 687-700, October.
- Lavy, Victor, 1996. "School supply constraints and children's educational outcomes in rural Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 291-314, December.
- Omer Moav, 2005. "Cheap Children and the Persistence of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 88-110, January.
- Patrick M. Emerson & Shawn D. Knabb, 2007. "Fiscal Policy, Expectation Traps, And Child Labor," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(3), pages 453-469, July.
- Brown, Eleanor & Kaufold, Howard, 1988. "Human Capital Accumulation and the Optimal Level of Unemployment Insurance Provision," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(4), pages 493-514, October.
- Bell, Clive & Gersbach, Hans, 2009. "Child Labor And The Education Of A Society," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 220-249, April.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1996.
"The Economics of Poverty Traps: Part One: Complete Markets,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 449-496, December.
- Costas Azariadis, 1996. "The Economics of Poverty Traps Part One: Complete Markets," Working Papers 9606, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Contreras, Salvador, 2008. "Child labor participation, human capital accumulation, and economic development," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 499-512, March.
- Jayanta Sarkar & Dipanwita Sarkar, 2016.
"Why Does Child Labor Persist With Declining Poverty?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 139-158, January.
- Jayanta Sarkar & Dipanwita Sarkar, 2012. "Why does child labour persist with declining poverty?," NCER Working Paper Series 84, National Centre for Econometric Research, revised 21 Nov 2012.
- Namkee Ahn & Arantza Ugidos, 1996. "The effects of the labor market situation of parents on children: inheritance of unemployment," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 20(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Glomm, Gerhard, 1997. "Parental choice of human capital investment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 99-114, June.
- Joydeb Sasmal & Jorge Guillen, 2015. "Poverty, Educational Failure and the Child-Labour Trap: The Indian Experience," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 16(2), pages 270-280, April.
- Saïd Hanchane & Abraham Lioui & David Touahri, 2006. "Human capital as a risky asset and the effect of uncertainty on the decision to invest," Working Papers halshs-00010139, HAL.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, J. -S., 2001.
"Changes in the wage structure, family income, and children's education,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 890-904, May.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 2000. "Changes in the Wage Structure, Family Income, and Children's Education," NBER Working Papers 7986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 2001. "Changes in the wage structure, family income, and children's education," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2471, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1992. "Loss of Skill During Unemployment and the Persistence of Employment Shocks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1371-1391.
- Wahba, Jackline, 2005. "The Influence of Market Wages and Parental History on Child Labour and Schooling in Egypt," IZA Discussion Papers 1771, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Diganta Mukherjee & Saswati Das, 2008. "Role of Parental Education in Schooling and Child Labour Decision: Urban India in the Last Decade," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 89(2), pages 305-322, November.
- Mauro, Luciano & Carmeci, Gaetano, 2003. "Long run growth and investment in education: Does unemployment matter?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 123-137, March.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan, 2003. "Children in Different Activities: Child Schooling and Child Labour," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 137-160.
More about this item
KeywordsLow level equilibrium trap; Child labour; Unemployment; Human capital; Schooling;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-LMA-2016-10-23 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2016-10-23 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .