Low Level Equilibrium Trap, Unemployment, School Quality, Child Labour and Human Capital Formation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ranjan Ray, 2002.
"The Determinants of Child Labour and Child Schooling in Ghana,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(4), pages 561-590, December.
- Ray, R., 2000. "The Determinants of Child Labour and Child Schooling in Ghana," Papers 2000-5, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Bidisha Chakraborty & Kamalika Chakraborty, 2014. "Child Labour, human capital formation and size of landholding: short run and long run analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 2024-2037.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2000.
"The Intriguing Relation between Adult Minimum Wage and Child Labour,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 50-61, March.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1999. "The intriguing relation between adult minimum wage and child labor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2173, The World Bank.
- Donald R. Davis & Trevor A. Reeve, 1997.
"Human Capital, Unemployment, and Relative Wages in a Global Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
6133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald R. Davis & Trevor A. Reeve, 1997. "Human Capital, Unemployment and Relative Wages in a Global Economy," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1804, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Trevor A. Reeve & Donald R. Davis, 2000. "Human capital, unemployment, and relative wages in a global economy," International Finance Discussion Papers 659, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2000.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1998. "Increasing returns, human capital, and the Kuznets curve," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 353-367, April.
- Philip Oreopoulos & Marianne E. Page & Ann Huff Stevens, 2003. "Does Human Capital Transfer from Parent to Child? The Intergenerational Effects of Compulsory Schooling," NBER Working Papers 10164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dellas, Harris, 1997. "Unemployment insurance benefits and human capital accumulation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 517-524, April.
- Fabre, Alice & Pallage, Stéphane, 2015.
"Child labor, idiosyncratic shocks, and social policy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 394-411.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2011. "Child Labor, Idiosyncratic Shocks, and Social Policy," Cahiers de recherche 1115, CIRPEE.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2015. "Child Labor, idiosyncratic shocks, and social policy," Post-Print hal-01456112, HAL.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2013. "Child Labor, Idiosyncratic Shocks, and Social Policy," AMSE Working Papers 1358, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France, revised 05 Nov 2013.
- Alice Fabre & Stéphane Pallage, 2013. "Child Labor, Idiosyncratic Shocks, and Social Policy," Working Papers halshs-00913666, HAL.
- Jackline Wahba, 2006.
"The influence of market wages and parental history on child labour and schooling in Egypt,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(4), pages 823-852, October.
- Wahba, Jackline, 2005. "The Influence of Market Wages and Parental History on Child Labour and Schooling in Egypt," IZA Discussion Papers 1771, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- C. Simon Fan, 2004. "Relative wage, child labor, and human capital," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 687-700, October.
- Lavy, Victor, 1996. "School supply constraints and children's educational outcomes in rural Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 291-314, December.
- Omer Moav, 2005. "Cheap Children and the Persistence of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 88-110, January.
- Patrick M. Emerson & Shawn D. Knabb, 2007. "Fiscal Policy, Expectation Traps, And Child Labor," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(3), pages 453-469, July.
- Brown, Eleanor & Kaufold, Howard, 1988. "Human Capital Accumulation and the Optimal Level of Unemployment Insurance Provision," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(4), pages 493-514, October.
- Bell, Clive & Gersbach, Hans, 2009. "Child Labor And The Education Of A Society," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 220-249, April.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1996.
"The Economics of Poverty Traps: Part One: Complete Markets,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 449-496, December.
- Costas Azariadis, 1996. "The Economics of Poverty Traps Part One: Complete Markets," Working Papers 9606, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Contreras, Salvador, 2008. "Child labor participation, human capital accumulation, and economic development," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 499-512, March.
- Jayanta Sarkar & Dipanwita Sarkar, 2016.
"Why Does Child Labor Persist With Declining Poverty?,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 139-158, January.
- Jayanta Sarkar & Dipanwita Sarkar, 2012. "Why does child labour persist with declining poverty?," NCER Working Paper Series 84, National Centre for Econometric Research, revised 21 Nov 2012.
- Namkee Ahn & Arantza Ugidos, 1996. "The effects of the labor market situation of parents on children: inheritance of unemployment," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 20(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Glomm, Gerhard, 1997. "Parental choice of human capital investment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 99-114, June.
- Joydeb Sasmal & Jorge Guillen, 2015. "Poverty, Educational Failure and the Child-Labour Trap: The Indian Experience," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 16(2), pages 270-280, April.
- Saïd Hanchane & Abraham Lioui & David Touahri, 2006. "Human capital as a risky asset and the effect of uncertainty on the decision to invest," Working Papers halshs-00010139, HAL.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, J. -S., 2001.
"Changes in the wage structure, family income, and children's education,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 890-904, May.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 2000. "Changes in Wage Structure, Family Income, and Children's Education," JCPR Working Papers 208, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 2001. "Changes in the wage structure, family income, and children's education," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2471, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 2000. "Changes in the Wage Structure, Family Income, and Children's Education," NBER Working Papers 7986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 1992. "Loss of Skill During Unemployment and the Persistence of Employment Shocks," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1371-1391.
- Diganta Mukherjee & Saswati Das, 2008. "Role of Parental Education in Schooling and Child Labour Decision: Urban India in the Last Decade," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 89(2), pages 305-322, November.
- Mauro, Luciano & Carmeci, Gaetano, 2003. "Long run growth and investment in education: Does unemployment matter?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 123-137, March.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan, 2003. "Children in Different Activities: Child Schooling and Child Labour," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 137-160.
More about this item
KeywordsLow level equilibrium trap; Child labour; Unemployment; Human capital; Schooling;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.