The Determinants of Child Labour and Child Schooling in Ghana
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Ray, R., 2000. "The Determinants of Child Labour and Child Schooling in Ghana," Papers 2000-5, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krauss,Alexander, 2013. "Understanding child labor beyond poverty : the structure of the economy, social norms, and no returns to rural basic education," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6513, The World Bank.
- Francesca Marchetta & David E. Sahn, 2016.
"The Role of Education and Family Background in Marriage, Childbearing, and Labor Market Participation in Senegal,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(2), pages 369-403.
- Francesca Marchetta & David Sahn, 2012. "The role of education and family background in marriage, childbearing and labor market participation in Senegal," Working Papers halshs-00717813, HAL.
- David SAHN & Francesca MARCHETTA, 2012. "The role of education and family background in marriage, childbearing and labor market participation in Senegal," Working Papers 201224, CERDI.
- Francesca Marchetta & David Sahn, 2015. "The Role of Education and Family Background in Marriage, Childbearing, and Labor Market Participation in Senegal," Post-Print halshs-01413422, HAL.
- Marchetta, Francesca & Sahn, David E., 2015. "The Role of Education and Family Background in Marriage, Childbearing and Labor Market Participation in Senegal," IZA Discussion Papers 8876, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bluffstone, Randall & Yesuf, Mahmud & Bushie, Bilisuma & Damite, Demessie, 2008. "Rural Livelihoods, Poverty, and the Millennium Development Goals: Evidence from Ethiopian Survey Data," Discussion Papers dp-08-07-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Runa Ray & Biswajit Chatterjee, 2010. "Impact of Restrictive Trade Policy on Adult Unemployment, Welfare and the Incidence of Child Labour -A Three Sector General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 8(1), pages 148-161, January.
- Edmonds, Eric V., 2008. "Child Labor," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Madeeha Gohar Qureshi & Saman Nazir & Hafsa Hina, 2014.
"Child Work and Schooling in Pakistan— To What Extent Poverty and Other Demographic and Parental Background Matter?,"
2014:105, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Saman Nazir & Hafsa Hina & Madeeha Gohar Qureshi, 2015. "Child Work and Schooling in Pakistan - To What Extent Poverty and Other Demographic and Parental Background Matter?," Working Papers id:7121, eSocialSciences.
- Yohanne Kidolezi & Jessica Holmes & Hugo Ñopo & Paul Sommers, 2007.
"Selection and Reporting Bias in Household Surveys of Child Labor: Evidence from Tanzania,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 19(2), pages 368-378.
- Yohanne N. Kidolezi & Jessica A. Holmes & Hugo Ñopo & Paul M. Sommers, 2005. "Selection and Reporting Bias in Household Surveys of Child Labor: Evidence from Tanzania," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0517, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Heather Congdon Fors, 2012.
"Child Labour: A Review Of Recent Theory And Evidence With Policy Implications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 570-593, September.
- Congdon Fors, Heather, 2008. "Child Labor: A Review of Recent Theory and Evidence with Policy Implications," Working Papers in Economics 324, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Eugenia Fotoniata & Thomas Moutos, 2013. "Product Quality, Informality, and Child Labor," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 268-283, May.
- Burhan, Nik Ahmad Sufian & Sidek, Abdul Halim & Ibrahim, Saifuzzaman, 2016. "Eradicating the Crime of Child Labour in Africa: The Roles of Income, Schooling, Fertility, and Foreign Direct Investment," MPRA Paper 77250, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maldonado, Jorge H. & González-Vega, Claudio, 2008. "Impact of Microfinance on Schooling: Evidence from Poor Rural Households in Bolivia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2440-2455, November.
- Hilson, Gavin, 2008. "'A load too heavy': Critical reflections on the child labor problem in Africa's small-scale mining sector," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1233-1245, November.
- Saswati Das & Diganta Mukherjee, 2007. "Role of women in schooling and child labour decision: the case of urban boys in India," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 82(3), pages 463-486, July.
- Diganta Mukherjee & Saswati Das, 2008. "Role of Parental Education in Schooling and Child Labour Decision: Urban India in the Last Decade," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 89(2), pages 305-322, November.
- Chakraborty, Bidisha & Chakraborty, Kamalika, 2016. "Low Level Equilibrium Trap, Unemployment, School Quality, Child Labour and Human Capital Formation," MPRA Paper 74621, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jafarey, Saqib & Lahiri, Sajal, 2002.
"Will trade sanctions reduce child labour?: The role of credit markets,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 137-156, June.
- Jafarey, Saqib & Lahiri, Sajal, 1999. "Will trade sanctions reduce child labour? The role of credit markets," Economics Discussion Papers 10004, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Hilson, Gavin, 2012. "Family Hardship and Cultural Values: Child Labor in Malian Small-Scale Gold Mining Communities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1663-1674.
- Geoffrey Lancaster & Ranjan Ray, 2004. "Does Child Labour Affect School Attendance and School Performance?Multi Country Evidence on SIMPOC data," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 68, Econometric Society.
- repec:zbw:espost:178614 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mukherjee, Dipa, 2010. "Child workers in India: an overview of macro dimensions," MPRA Paper 35049, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Shunsuke Sakamoto, 2006. "Parental Attitudes toward Children and Child Labor: Evidence from Rural India," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-136, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Nazaria Solferino, 2011. "Development Projects and Life Satisfaction: An Impact Study on Fair Trade Handicraft Producers," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 115-138, March.
More about this item
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jafrec:v:11:y:2002:i:4:p:561-590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.