A Heterodox Theory of the Business Enterprise
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972.
"Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720, April.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Michal Kalecki, 1937. "A Theory of the Business Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 77-97.
- Claude Serfati, 2008. "Financial dimensions of transnational corporations, global value chain and technological innovation," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 35-61.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1904. "Theory of Business Enterprise," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number veblen1904.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:21:y:1987:i:1:p:528-530 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederic S. Lee, 2010. "A heterodox teaching of neoclassical microeconomic theory," International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 203-235.
- Lee, Frederic S, 1981. "The Oxford Challenge to Marshallian Supply and Demand: The History of the Oxford Economists' Research Group," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 339-351, November.
- Thomas Dallery, 2009. "Post-Keynesian Theories of the Firm under Financialization," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 41(4), pages 492-515, December.
- Harcourt, G C & Kenyon, Peter, 1976. "Pricing and the Investment Decision," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 449-477.
- Frederic Lee & Tae-Hee Jo, 2011. "Social Surplus Approach and Heterodox Economics," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 857-876.
- Means, Gardiner C, 1972. "The Administered-Price Thesis Reconfirmed," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 292-306, June.
- Nina Shapiro & Nina Shapiro, 1976. "The Neoclassical Theory of the Firm," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 8(4), pages 17-29, December.
- Jenkinson, T & Corbett, J, 1997. "How is Investment Financed? A Study of Germany, Japan, UK and US," Papers 16, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies-.
- Peter B. Meyer, 1986. "The Corporate Person and Social Control: Responding to Deregulation," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 18(3), pages 65-84, September.
- Karl Pribram, 1935. "Controlled Competition and the Organization of American Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 371-393.
- Patrick Spread, 2016. "Companies and markets: economic theories of the firm and a concept of companies as bargaining agencies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 727-753.
- Fabiani, Silvia & Loupias, Claire & Martins, Fernando & Sabbatini, Roberto (ed.), 2007. "Pricing Decisions in the Euro Area: How Firms Set Prices and Why," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195309287.
- Andrew Kliman & Shannon D. Williams, 2015. "Why ‘financialisation’ hasn’t depressed US productive investment," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 67-92.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2008. "Financialization and the US Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12927.
More about this item
KeywordsHeterodox Microeconomics; Social Provisioning Process; Business Enterprise; Going Concern; Monetary Theory of Production; Effective Demand; Surplus Approach; Strategic Enterprise Decisions;
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-HME-2016-07-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2016-07-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2016-07-16 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:72426. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .